autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Boss G21 or Rupes 21 mark 2

I would pick Rupes over and over again.

Simply, they're a manufacturer. They make the tools, the pads, plates, and polishes. A great system to go along with great tools!

I've received great support from them, I've seen their tools operating locally in at least three high production shops in my area, and their innovations continue despite the popularity of the original BigFoot line up. They just introduces a forced action D/A, and a Rotary to their BigFoot family of tools... Along with optimized systems of pad/polishes to compliment the motion of the respective tool... To me, that's a commitment to the detailing industry, and for those of up wanting better results in less time, with more comfort. I absolutely love the company for this!

Outside of that, I imagine the two in question perform similarly. I would venture to speculate that the Griots system would be the more user friendly of the two, but I can't say for sure, as I'm unfamiliar with their line. The bottom line is that either of them are the state of the art as far as technology is concerned.

Post Thanks / Like

- Lifetime Warranty AND Excellent/Responsive Customer Service to Back Up their Products

This is the main reason I went for the Boss system. I called Griots to ask a question and their customer service is very knowledgeable and polite. I purchased the Boss g15 and love it! Also nice knowing that Griots trust their products so much that they guarantee it for life!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i want to thank you all for commenting to the post. Like listening to everyones feed back on these two machines. I think I'm leaning towards The Boss system for now, who knows i might change my mind at the end or purchasing it again hahaha.

Super Member antti@561detailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

just one more idea...sometimes 15 is better...because 21 has too long throw...
    I have used all of them boss 21 Rupes 21 ... and 15 machines...
    I would pick mark2 15 ... but can't go wrong with any of them...
    561 Car Detailing Gtechniq Accredited Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

My take on 15mm vs 21mm
    21 mm will always cut faster and cover more area..even when equipped with 5in BP/5.5 pad..

Where the 21mm machine doesn't fit, the 15mm really won't either....so whip out that 3in equiped polisher for those areas ..or a forced rotation.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I'm torn.
    Wanted MkII

Now leaning towards G21.

Customer Service is a big thing to me

Warranty is huge, I get that Rupes is high quality but i dont want to be the guy that got stuck with the bad 1% 2 years down the road.
    I read on a different post here that someone suggested Chrysler and other car manufacturers put lifetime warranties on their cars, reason being was to make up for the crap quality. Wrong. Service depts make 40%+ of the dealerships revenue, and to keep those warranty valid you have go do every "Suggested" service or else the warranty wont be valid.
    Worked 7 years as a finance manager at a dealership.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TyFoxx View Post
    I read on a different post here that someone suggested Chrysler and other car manufacturers put lifetime warranties on their cars, reason being was to make up for the crap quality. Wrong. Service depts make 40%+ of the dealerships revenue, and to keep those warranty valid you have go do every "Suggested" service or else the warranty wont be valid.
    You're right, however there's no such maintenance service when it comes to these polishers... Either it's solid, or it's subject to a few possible loose ends sometime during its lifetime. And then there's the crapshoot of winding up with the 1% that's actually a lemon..

Pick your poison. I own a Griots Boss 21 and can personally say that the customer service truly is above and beyond. The polishers not too shabby either

Post Thanks / Like

Black one supports an ally of the USA as well as being assembled here, red one supports communist china...

9. Likes bsw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Boss G21 or Rupes 21 mark 2

Now I'm torn.
    Wanted MkII

Now leaning towards G21.

Warranty is huge, I get that Rupes is high quality but i dont want to be the guy that got stuck with the bad 1% 2 years down the road.
    This is 100% not true. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty act states it's illegal to deny warranty repairs if the vehicle was serviced elsewhere - including serviced by the owner.

The manufacturer can deny warranty repairs if they can show routine maintenance was not performed to a vehicle system that has failed or in question... However, it is not required for the dealer to perform the service and they can not simply deny warranty coverage based on who performs the service

Also, I didn't see the original comment - but "lifetime warranties" are basically a marketing tool. I'm wasn't aware Chrysler offerers such (maybe they did in the past). But, to put it bluntly, you don't see vehicle manufacturers that are consistently rated top quality offering such things. Chrysler has one of the worse reputations for quality over the years in the automotive industry.

And I never understand why someone would make their purchasing decision on an item like this solely based on warranty. You are going to use the tool (guaranteed), but it's VERY unlikely you will ever use the warranty. So, to me, I'm buying based on what I KNOW I'm using (the tool).

Rupes invented & continues to pioneer long through DA polishers. They are a great company and have brought many innovative products to the market that are consistently viewed as best in their class. The have a USA manufacturing facility and multiple experienced detailers as reps for their products. I may be dense (yup - prolly am) - but I can't see how someone wouldn't choose them based on all the above.

Worked 7 years as an ASE certified tech.

Post Thanks / Like

Now I'm torn.
    Wanted MkII

Now leaning towards G21.

the G21 is an excellent tool (as is the whole BOSS System). no polisher (or anything man made for that matter) is perfect and yes that includes rupes. i've heard more problems with the mkII than the BOSS polishers (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...rupes+problems ). pick up what you like more about the pros vs. cons about each and go for it. in the end, both will get the job done...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast