autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolgang sealant on perfect paint. Should I use polish enhancer and top with wax?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidM235ily View Post
    Coatings weird me out. The process seems a bit too involved and easy to mess up, yet hard to remove/correct. I do oddly enjoy doing this, just not every month as needed with a wax or to the extent that I want to purchase curing lights as with a coating. This sealant seems to hit the sweet spot of obsessive, but not insanely obsessive.
    Since you have perfect paint, prep will be a breeze with a coating. McKee's 37 is one of the easiest coatings to apply.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolgang sealant on perfect paint. Should I use polish enhancer and top with wax?

Easier solution: After you do whatever you do and apply the Wolfgang, just use the Pinnacle carnuba SPRAY wax as a topper. Don't use a full-blown wax. Then, after each wash, apply the spray wax. Your sealant is gonna hold up for a few months and a few washes, so just use that Pinnacle Spray Wax after every wash. I bought some, applied it and it looks like a full coat of carnuba is on the car. I wish I figure out to get decent pix into a thread and I would show it.

The look is staggering. Not sure what sealant I'm gonna use going forward - Wolf's, Blackfire, Megs or 4 Star - but the Pinnacle Carnuba spray is gonna be the topper. I will do the sealant three or four times a year and do the spray after every wash.

Let's put it this way: I bought some expensive P21s carnuba as a sealant topper and it's on the shelf. It has been replaced by the Pinnacle spray wax, which takes a fraction of the time. It's wipe on, wipe off. And the best part is that unlike some spray waxes, it doesn't smear or streak if you put too much on.

I would trade that tub of P21s for a couple of bottles of the Pinnacle spray wax in a heartbeat.

Post Thanks / Like

"Removing McKee's 37 Paint Coating without physically abrading it is virtually impossible." <-- This makes me uncomfortable.

I get the advantages, but I'm just not comfortable with coatings yet. I like knowing that if I mess something up and/or something doesn't go well with the product that I can just remove it and put something else on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Since you have perfect paint, prep will be a breeze with a coating. McKee's 37 is one of the easiest coatings to apply.

Post Thanks / Like

"Removing McKee's 37 Paint Coating without physically abrading it is virtually impossible." <-- This makes me uncomfortable.

I get the advantages, but I'm just not comfortable with coatings yet. I like knowing that if I mess something up and/or something doesn't go well with the product that I can just remove it and put something else on.
    Look at it this way, being a daily driver that sits out in the sun you will soon not have perfect paint and it will need to be polished (machine buffing). A coating will protect your paint against washing swirls and the elements much better than a paint sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    •IMO:

-There's no need to use any of the
    Polish Enhancer if the paint is perfect.
    What's it going to enhance?

-I'd apply a second coat of the
    same Sealant (instead of a Wax).

Bob
    Agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Its easy but iffy.For a extra 30.00 csl would be a better alternative.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, I get the coating concept and agree with you, but I am content with the wolfgang sealant I just put on.

My questions have been answered and product decisions completed. If anyone has questions about my experience with it, feel free to ask. Otherwise, I think we can add this one to the successfully accomplished question threads list.

Post Thanks / Like

I top my wolfgang with meguiars 26 paste.

Post Thanks / Like

Just an interesting update on the wolfgang sealant... Today, I got a cup of coffee from starbucks on my way in to work. I set it down on the roof of the car as I have done with cups of coffee for as long as I can remember. Nothing odd or extreme about the slope of my roof and I've never in my life had any issue doing this, but this time it immediately slid off the car as if I had set it on melting ice...

*No coffee was harmed in the making of this post (I caught it)*

Post Thanks / Like

Just an interesting update on the wolfgang sealant... Today, I got a cup of coffee from starbucks on my way in to work. I set it down on the roof of the car as I have done with cups of coffee for as long as I can remember. Nothing odd or extreme about the slope of my roof and I've never in my life had any issue doing this, but this time it immediately slid off the car as if I had set it on melting ice...

*No coffee was harmed in the making of this post (I caught it)*
    Nothing beats slick, freshly sealed paint. Not even a cup of good coffee
    Glad you saved your coffee!

I washed, clayed, and sealed (Blackfire Wet Diamond) a co-worker's Camry. She commented that the paint was so slick and smooth around the door handles/cups. I hear Wolfgang sealant is similar to BFWD. Would like to try WG, but I'm so happy with Blackfire that I don't want to stray from it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast