autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Car

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

New Car

So I just got a new car (Honda Accord Touring Sedan) a few weeks ago but have been unable to wash it due to the horrible weather we have been having the past few weeks here in South Florida. Want to do a detail this weekend. Would you all recommend I clay the car then add sealant then wax or clay the car then add one of those all in one wax/sealant/cleaner (McKees 37 360 or something comparable). Plan on using foam gun on car. Also any other recommendations on products I can use. Have not detailed a car in ages since I leased my last 2 cars and they included free washed and details.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Car

You should definitely clay it and put a wax or sealant on. A cleaner/all in one may not be necessary on a brand new car if clayed though.

I used to think claying a new car was silly until I started doing it. All of my cars have needed claying more at purchase than any other time of ownership. It's amazing how much stuff gets in the paint between manufacture and delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    So I just got a new car (Honda Accord Touring Sedan) a few weeks ago but have been unable to wash it due to the horrible weather we have been having the past few weeks here in South Florida. Want to do a detail this weekend. Would you all recommend I clay the car then add sealant then wax or clay the car then add one of those all in one wax/sealant/cleaner (McKees 37 360 or something comparable). Plan on using foam gun on car. Also any other recommendations on products I can use. Have not detailed a car in ages since I leased my last 2 cars and they included free washed and details.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is everyhting you'll ever need to know, step by step by Mike Phillips.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...-phillips.html
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Here is everyhting you'll ever need to know, step by step by Mike Phillips.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...-phillips.html
    Nice!! Didn't see that but this will help. Thanks

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So do you all think it's a good idea to use Iron X after washing the car?

Post Thanks / Like

So do you all think it's a good idea to use Iron X after washing the car?
    It doesn't hurt...this is the chemical version of "claying" and removes a lot of the fallout prior to claying. I use the chemicals on any new car or any car that I haven't detailed before...then typically you can almost get away with "spot" claying only the needed areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

New car prep is case by case and a thorough inspection and proper top to bottom walk around is key. Some need more, some need less. The lot they sat in, the geography, and length of time it traveled by rail, if any, are all factors.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

First, heartfelt congrats on the new car - always a special moment. Here is what I did when our car was new:

- Washed (twice)
    - Chemical Decon
    - Clay
    - Prep Polish
    - Blackfire Wet Diamond All Paint Protection (Sealant)
    - Midnight Sun Carnauba (100% optional - you can skip this - it was more for looks than anything)
    - Polished and Sealed glass - important when new
    - Coated Wheels - important when new
    - Applied Trim Protection - very important to do when new

ScottH

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    First, heartfelt congrats on the new car - always a special moment. Here is what I did when our car was new:

- Washed (twice)
    - Chemical Decon
    - Clay
    - Prep Polish
    - Blackfire Wet Diamond All Paint Protection (Sealant)
    - Midnight Sun Carnauba (100% optional - you can skip this - it was more for looks than anything)
    - Polished and Sealed glass - important when new
    - Coated Wheels - important when new
    - Applied Trim Protection - very important to do when new

ScottH
    SO what do you recommend as a prep polish, a glass sealer, wheel protectant and trim protectant

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! What color is it? The paint is soft on my brothers new black Accord. If you clay, you'll definitely want to polish after. I'd recommend a tangerine hydrotech pad and a light polish(HD POLISH+). Do you have a polisher?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.