autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: paint film install gone wrong

No surprise I see that all the time.Better like it because Suntek after 2 years it needs to be grinder off.I would never put that on my car and other clients that have regret it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jermoff View Post
    Well this is still going on. He stopped replying so I told him I would be filling with the small claim court. He instantly replied telling me to come to his shop and he will decide if it's worth repairing or not. I told him it wasn't up to him to decide if it's "worth repairing". I told him I'd meet him somewhere halfway if he really wants to look at it. But no way I'm wasting another 1.5 2 hours again driving to his shop.
    Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Make sure this shop is SunTek certified first and foremost. If not you have no warranty. Many shops, bad shops, claim they use and install "X" brand film when they install cheap crap. For example I knew a tinter who stated he used "3M" films but he only pulled out a 3M box with cheap window film in it.

Now you may not want to do this but for others sake you nay want to name this shop so others are aware. Best way to get rid of hacks is to out them as such. Now sadly this can come back and haunt you in the form of a counter legal action but if done proper he will have a hard time showing you had ill intent.

As stated when you remove this film it will most likely pull paint. The shop SHOULD take care of everything and get you a rental while they are making this right. Ya have to hit them where it counts...pocket book!

Anthony

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I would highly recommend to stay far away from Akron Auto Polish.

It has come down to filing in small claims court. He refuses to pay to have it fixed. I really hate to go this route but at this point he has told me to stop contacting him. Every time I wash my car and see this it frustrates me more. I will try to keep this updated to let you guys know the resolution.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

and now he is claiming that I didn't even pay in full for everything. He told me to do a down payment of 150 and he would order the materials and he would cut me a deal if I paid in cash for the rest. Well he is saying I never paid him the rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a receipt showing paid in full? Even though, that doesn’t take away from the shoddy work preformed, especially since its documented with the paint issues. He is still responsible for the work he performed or destroyed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123