autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

gtehcniq CSL VS mohs

so I am trying to fine coating to try on my own car

and strugging to pick between technique CSL vs gyeon Mohs.

one of the downside I see with Mohs is price,
    well it's package comes with more stuff, but don't really need mask, applicator etc etc
    also it looks like 2-3 layers are recommended which means even more product to use (more money) + more time to apply.

But I can't stop hearing about how awesome Gyeon Mohs.

Also how true is this statement?

Crystal Serum Light is the prosumer version of the world famous Gtechniq Accredited Detailer only Crystal Serum - a coating so hard that if applied incorrectly can only be removed by using 1,500 grit sand paper.

Please like my page

Jae @ ONYX Detail Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: gtehcniq CSL VS mohs

Can't go wrong with either one. May want to consider adding Exo V3 over CSL. Seems to be an awesome combo from what I have seen over on Autopia.

By the way CSL won an award at SEMA 2016. Not sure if it means anything to you lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Both have their advantages and both have their disadvantages. MOHS is easier to apply, versus CSL. GTechniq coatings traditionally while excellent protection, is a little more finicky on removal. Mohs is relatively simple, less of a sticky residue. Mohs is rated for 12 months, while CSL is rated for 3 to 5, so I think in this case it depends on how much you want to touch your car and what kind of protection you're after.

Post Thanks / Like

Recently did 2 similar fleet vehicles, 1 CSL + c2v3, 1 Mohs + Cure. Mohs vehicle stays much cleaner. Neither vehicle washed since application.

CSL + EXO is supposed to be crazy hydrophobic...wanna try that sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

I have Gyeon Mohs on my car. It looks absolutely stunning. It is slightly grabby when applied neat. When topped with something like Gyeon Cure (or other things), the surface is very slick. The price of Gyeon Mohs is in my opinion worth it. I loved Gtechniq C1+EXOv2. I really did. C1 was grabby and EXO made it very slick and very hydrophobic. However, it was two applications and there was a time window. Gyeon Mohs was easy to apply, but I did make some mistakes initially -- two large a surface (>2x2 ft) and I had to polish a section and reapply due to a high spot.

I have been very pleased with Gyeon Mohs, and my paint surface has been pretty much swirl-free since last summer (except in areas where the Tesla workers installed some swirls along the quarter panels).

I would do Gyeon Mohs again in a heartbeat, but I am trying to stretch this coating application another year. I have reinforced a few areas with CarPro Essence Plus, and I usually spritz the surface with a silica spray or Cure (or other products).

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

I went with CSL, super easy to apply, looks stunning. Like you I was torn between the two, but since CSL never required an IR light to cure I went with it.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Both have their advantages and both have their disadvantages. MOHS is easier to apply, versus CSL. GTechniq coatings traditionally while excellent protection, is a little more finicky on removal. Mohs is relatively simple, less of a sticky residue. Mohs is rated for 12 months, while CSL is rated for 3 to 5, so I think in this case it depends on how much you want to touch your car and what kind of protection you're after.
    Have you used CSL? It is quite easy, it's wipe on wipe off and not sticky or grabby. EXO V3 is a little grabby on wipe off if you wait too long but just a little. I believe that V2 was more problematic and less durable than V3.

I have applied CSL to six vehicles since late spring this year (topped five of them with EXO V3) without a single problem. I have not used the Gyeon mohs so can not compare but to say CSL can be difficult is wrong.

As far as staying clean, this spring the local Audi club did a trip to Lambeau Field that I went on and put about 500 miles on the trip with the last hundred or so in the rain. Here is a picture I took of my car before I washed it coming out of Costco with my cell phone because I was suprised on hoe good it looked after the trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either coating system. Both the Gtechniq and Gyeon lines are strong. I am not aware of a direct comparison in terms of gloss, hydrophobicity, scratch resistance and durability. I think it depends on cost and what time you have. CSL + EXO will be more expensive than Mohs, but if you go with just CSL, it will be less expensive. Time for CSL or Mohs application will be the same. The addition of EXO takes additional time.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)

Post Thanks / Like

Those who use Mohs,
    How many layers do you guys install?

It looks like gyeon highly recommend 2 layers, 3 layers max if desired.
    Please like my page

Jae @ ONYX Detail Garage

Post Thanks / Like

I did 2 layers.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast