autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Hydrofoam topped with Reload

Good afternoon, I was thinking of using Carpro Hydrofoam for washing my truck that has ceramic coating and topping it off with reload since I want the most protection I can get. Living in Hawaii the sun and humidity takes a toll on my truck that is in the elements 24/7(I don't have a garage) Lmk what u guys think? I'm a type of person who want the most protection possible from UV rays and also rain. thank you in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Hydrofoam topped with Reload

Hi,
    Hydrofoam will seal your paint already, no need to top it, unless you want extra sealing.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't hurt. I don't see an issue mixing SiO2 based products, especially from the same(great) brand. Just be careful with the Hydrofoam, I have have issues with residue/spots if there is any wind or sun at all outside, if you can shelter the vehicle for that application, I would. Also, make sure the surface is cool to the touch. Same goes to the spray and rinse sealants from some brands, you gotta be right on top of it when it comes to rinsing it off or you'll be left with spots and hazing.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avi@CarPro View Post
    Hi,
    Hydrofoam will seal your paint already, no need to top it, unless you want extra sealing.
    Thanks for your time, I was thinking the same thing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    Can't hurt. I don't see an issue mixing SiO2 based products, especially from the same(great) brand. Just be careful with the Hydrofoam, I have have issues with residue/spots if there is any wind or sun at all outside, if you can shelter the vehicle for that application, I would. Also, make sure the surface is cool to the touch. Same goes to the spray and rinse sealants from some brands, you gotta be right on top of it when it comes to rinsing it off or you'll be left with spots and hazing.
    You hit the nail on the head. I have read way to many reviews on how critical it is for your vehicle to be in a cool place, out of the sun, and washing and rinsing panel by panel with the Hydrofoam. I'm leaning toward utilizing Reset weekly and Hydrofoam once or twice a month. Thanks for your time