autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got rid of my Overpriced Karcher PW and bought a Cheap Ryobi & Upgraded it... way better setup!!

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    The problem is the Karcher pressure washer. They use their own fittings so no other hoses fit the unit.
    You can check with Karcher to know what fitting they use. It's very likelly they use the M22 15mm ones. Looks like most electric pressure washers use that size. There are adaptors available to convert M22 15mm to M22 14mm which is more standard.

You could probably have adaptors to other standards as well, you just need to know what your unit has and what the hose or gun you want to use has.

Although using a larger diameter hose will result in pressure loss, so that is not a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got rid of my Overpriced Karcher PW and bought a Cheap Ryobi & Upgraded it... way better setup!!

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    The problem is the Karcher pressure washer. They use their own fittings so no other hoses fit the unit.
    Same problem with the SunJoe PW--they use a M22-15mm connection and the standard is M22-14. But an inexpensive conversion fitting is available on eBay but I can't find the link just now.

Post Thanks / Like

the M22/15 is the European standard. Yea, eBay or MTM or some Googling will find the parts you need to adapt. I have the SJ3001 also and fully converted it over
    to American standard & quick release too.

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered the hose and couplings hopefully it works

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Calnedyr - just reading your questions about the Simoniz brand pressure washer. I also own a Simoniz electric and a Yamaha gas power. I bought a new 50' single wire hose which are more flexible then the double wire as well as a new gun and wand. For the simoniz I had to buy a M22-3/8" for the pressure hose outlet on the machine and a M22-1/4" quick connect so I can use their foam cannon with my new gun. Hope this helps. If you want pictures let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Just received my new gun today and finaly was able to try the new setup.

Simoniz 1700 PSI pressure washer
    23 foot pressure hose from the original setup
    25 foot pressure hose extension using the M22 15mm to M22 14mm adaptor
    Sub-machinegun style trigger sprayer with M22 14mm connector and 1/4" quick connect for nozzles and foam cannon

So first, plenty of lenght, could go around the car with no issue at all.
    The new sprayer gun is much easier to use than a 3 foot lance. You do get some splashback from being closer but that's all right
    Pressure felt stronger, I know this is an illusion but it's still good

Machine does take about an extra second to shut down when you release the trigger because it has twice as much hose to repressurize. But that's not an issue at all for me.

Very happy with the upgrade. Just love it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post
    That's a bummer man!
    Alright. I tried a second time. Replaced w a Ryobi 1.2 gpm 1700 psi unit. It’s a little bigger than the one I had but at least it hasn’t blown up on me yet.

First off,I love my mosmatic gun w swivel. Looks good,doesn’t get tangled, and looks like a quality piece.

Second, the pressure washer and factory gun/wand work well for pressure washing my patio .

Third, foamability is not living up to my expectations. I have a brand new mtm foam canon and have tried various settings. I also use Chemical Guys Honey Dew soap. Have super weak suds at best. Pretty much equivalent to my foam gun that works w a garden hose.

I’ll keep messing around w this setup to see if I can improve my foam. Otherwise I wasted good money on my mosmatic and mtm foam cannon cause there was no need for them if I don’t get the foam.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ntwillie1 View Post
    Alright. I tried a second time. Replaced w a Ryobi 1.2 gpm 1700 psi unit. It’s a little bigger than the one I had but at least it hasn’t blown up on me yet.

First off,I love my mosmatic gun w swivel. Looks good,doesn’t get tangled, and looks like a quality piece.

Second, the pressure washer and factory gun/wand work well for pressure washing my patio .

Third, foamability is not living up to my expectations. I have a brand new mtm foam canon and have tried various settings. I also use Chemical Guys Honey Dew soap. Have super weak suds at best. Pretty much equivalent to my foam gun that works w a garden hose.

I’ll keep messing around w this setup to see if I can improve my foam. Otherwise I wasted good money on my mosmatic and mtm foam cannon cause there was no need for them if I don’t get the foam.
    You are going to need to switch the orifice to 1.1mm in the foamcannon from the original orifice 1.25mm. Then you get a thicker foam with your PW.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 I was just about to write the same thing. the MTM comes w/ an orifice designed for higher pressure gas powered washers.

Unfortunately, the only place to get them is MTM and the shipping is 3x the cost of the orifice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by howardm4 View Post
    +1 I was just about to write the same thing. the MTM comes w/ an orifice designed for higher pressure gas powered washers.

Unfortunately, the only place to get them is MTM and the shipping is 3x the cost of the orifice.

That's not entirely true. They are available elsewhere if you know where to look.
    Joe Catanzaro
    JCDetails (RI Based Mobile Detailer)
    http://jcdetails.com

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast