autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Now have McCullough steamer and Bissell SpotClean, what's next??

In all my years "cleaning and waxing" cars and more serious detailing in the past year, I have never used a machine on the interior. Yes, sprayed Folex on and brushed it in and blotted. On a relatively clean interior that works fine. Right now, I am on the proverbial "friends and family plan". That is, all the stuff (a LOT) I am buying on AG and elsewhere is my "tuition".

Given that I just bought a McCullough 1375 steamer (never used a steamer in my 67 years!) and a Bissell SpotClean Proheat. Neither top of the line, obviously, but good enough for now. Pulling the trigger on a Mytee Lite was too much even for this spendthrift. So... in order to shorten my learning curve what is the best utilization of these two carpet tools? I have a MetroVac which works better than any other vacuum in my experience (had two Dysons and now have a Shark. The latter rules). And I am qualified on a vacuum. The problem is the other tools.

Do you only use steam on a badly soiled carpet? Use the Bissell first and if it does not come clean, then use steam? If using steam, should you then use the Bissell to extract excess moisture? Please help this interior noob.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Now have McCullough steamer and Bissell SpotClean, what's next??

I have the same steamer and use it for
    1. Sticky cup holders
    2. Console spills
    3. Carpet stains and freshening the carpet ( steam kills odor germs)
    4. Seats ( fabric or coated leather)
    5. Freshening the headliner
    6. Once I ran the steam into the AC vent to kill odors (turn on the fan afterwards to help dry it). Also looks cool when the steam comes out of the other AC vents.
    7. Interior glass (non tinted)
    8. Seatbelts
    Etc, etc, etc. Also has exterior applications for cleaning lug nut areas, excess wax or dried wax removal, door jams, trunk lid jams, gas cap area, softening stains, bugs, etc. Home interiors (shower glass, bathrooms, kitchen counters, back splash, floors. Lots of uses.