autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hose and nozzle preference?

I am just curious to see what everyone is using as a hose and nozzle for car washes?

At home I have been using an old garden hose that is beginning to act up, crack, and be a pain in the you know what. I also use a cheap WalMart fire hose nozzle that is nice but again, cheap. So I'm probably going to be in the market to upgrade these come spring time.

So, what's your preferences when it comes to washing media?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    i use this silver/blue hose, its got alot of threading u can see-through...its really tough and doesnt pinch...i also use a firehose nozzle

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a link to a thread about hoses. I have a 100' Craftsman black hose with a Fireman's nozzle and brass connectors for quick changes between my nozzle and foam gun. Works great with zero problems.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ater-hose.html
    "Some things are better left unsaid."

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ The brass "quick connect" fittings sold on AG are a great! I actually need to buy one more soon.
    98 Z/28

Post Thanks / Like
    Brass quick disconnects will be in my future, that's for sure. I don't own a foam gun but it'll still make flooding a lot easier... just pop off the nozzle and there ya go. Thanks for the link Al, that was posted before I started coming on AG regularly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AL417 View Post
    Here's a link to a thread about hoses. I have a 100' Craftsman black hose with a Fireman's nozzle and brass connectors for quick changes between my nozzle and foam gun. Works great with zero problems.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ater-hose.html
    identical set up here. Love the Craftsman rubber hose (black). I just got another for the back yard. Put hose quick connects on both. Plus, put the brass on/off on both.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing fancy. Regular garden hose, don't know the brand my dad bought it a while back. For a nozzle I have one of those pistol shaped ones with 7 settings that you get at the garden store for like $7. Its all I need really.

Post Thanks / Like
    I installed a special hose bib in my front yard before the pressure reducer, just for using while washing cars. That gives me 115 psi. The house only gets 45 psi.

As a hose I have two 50ft all rubber 3/4 in hoses with the AG brass fittings on the end.

I do the initial rinse and wash with plain hose water, then I use the quick connects to run my water filter in line. When using the filter I turn the pressure way down so I only get about a gallon a minute. The filtered water makes it much easier to dry the car before there is any chance of water spotting, even in the sun.

I am using the same "fire hose nozzle" that most everyone else uses.

In case anyone wonders, I have a five gallon soap bucket with two grit guards, and I use a micro fiber towel as a wash rag. I have never liked mitts.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do the initial rinse and wash with plain hose water, then I use the quick connects to run my water filter in line. When using the filter I turn the pressure way down so I only get about a gallon a minute. The filtered water makes it much easier to dry the car before there is any chance of water spotting, even in the sun.
    quote]

Hey Oldmodman:
    The filter you are using, is this the one from AG? Been thinking of trying this out. Very hard water here. TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmodman View Post
    I installed a special hose bib in my front yard before the pressure reducer, just for using while washing cars. That gives me 115 psi. The house only gets 45 psi.
    Can you please give a link or a name as I would love to get the pressure up outside the house especially when watering my lawn with 2 or 3 sprinklers at the same time. Don't know what a "pressure reducer" is and what to look for to buy.

Howard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast