autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex 3401 vs. Rupes Mille/Makita P5000C, for those that are wondering.

curious about the mille. My uncle had a flex that I used two times and really never could get used to it. Curious to see if the rotation of the mille will provide a quicker learning curve than the flex was providing for me.

Post Thanks / Like

The link shows availability of Sept. 4.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldendodo19 View Post
    curious about the mille. My uncle had a flex that I used two times and really never could get used to it. Curious to see if the rotation of the mille will provide a quicker learning curve than the flex was providing for me.
    Compared to other forced rotation polishers, the Mille was designed to have world class ergonomics and class-leading user experience. It's not just the rotational direction, but the orbit size and the frequency of orbits. In addition, the pad system and new polishing compounds were designed around this goal.

The Mille has minimal steering (you can almost walk the dog with it) and mind-blowing torque. Set the speed to one and apply hood-bending pressure to it and you will likely not get it to stall. The lucky visitors to the Autopromac Show in Bologna, Italy, universally said it felt more like a random orbital than a gear-driven polisher.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd@RUPES View Post
    Compared to other forced rotation polishers, the Mille was designed to have world class ergonomics and class-leading user experience. It's not just the rotational direction, but the orbit size and the frequency of orbits. In addition, the pad system and new polishing compounds were designed around this goal.

The Mille has minimal steering (you can almost walk the dog with it) and mind-blowing torque. Set the speed to one and apply hood-bending pressure to it and you will likely not get it to stall. The lucky visitors to the Autopromac Show in Bologna, Italy, universally said it felt more like a random orbital than a gear-driven polisher.
    SOLD! Hurry up and sell them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    SOLD! Hurry up and sell them.
    The initial run has already sold out, seriously. The amount ordered at Autopromac was more than 4 times the global expected sales. Today, RUPES sales in the USA is greater on our slowest month, than it was my first year with the company... and it will only get crazier with the new factory opening at the end of the year... the staggering success of our vacuum systems into bodyshops and industrial manufacturers, the new Skoprio E line, the rotary line, and of course the Mille.

It is why, in a relatively short time, we have people like Jason Rose jump ship from Meguiars, and Dylan Von Kleist jump ship from Adams. The best part, is we really are just getting started.

What separates from other tool manufacturers is that car care is our primary field. That's what we do. We are also innovators.. The first power tool with a plastic polymer body is a RUPES drill, the first electric palm sander was developed by RUPES, the first vac assist sanders were RUPES, the first gear-driven / forced rotation polisher was RUPES, the first double gear reduction rotary was a RUPES... We are The Original, L'originale...

It is why we have had certain tool manufacturers tell us that their business model is to now copy us, and judging by their upcoming polishers, that is exactly what they plan on doing. For fans of those tool lines, we will continue to innovate so you can have our products a few years later from them.

And for those who hate on our line, I know our success pains you and makes the time you waste trying to bash us even more insignificant. We will keep going, and keep getting stronger, and we will continue to hire world-class personal, invest into the USA market, and lead the industry with innovation and superior customer service.

Two years ago, when people were excited about the MKII and the Nano, I said the fun was just beginning... The best is STILL yet to come.

Post Thanks / Like

Great info. This makes it sound very tempting. I just got an mk2 and a mini again (sold my 21 and mini a few years ago. Mistake) so I would love to add this down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The initial run has already sold out, seriously.
    So what is the timeline for the second run and when can I order? Thanks for any info.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd,

The Mille is what the PO5000C should have been. I can't tell you the number of people I've talked to from the various tool manufactures advocating for a tool like that.

At the same time, I have to say, there are some things that could be done differently IMHO. If you're going to be in Chicago next week maybe we could talk.

RSW

Post Thanks / Like

Mille was 400 GBP in the order link above. About $520 USD at current exchange rate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjackkrash View Post
    So what is the timeline for the second run and when can I order? Thanks for any info.
    RUPES does not sell factory direct. When I say "we sold out", I mean to distributors and sales points - the guys you would order from. I don't have a date for availability in the USA, but my understanding is the first run is for Euro-volt and the second run is for USA-volt. I have been told sometime before SEMA.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast