autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Motorcycle correction

Hello all!

I have decided to dust off my motorcycle and start riding it again. While I was getting it ready to ride I noticed that it has some swirls on the fairings and gas tank. Can I use the regular correction process as if it was a car or should I use a different process since it is plastic? I have a PC 7424XP and a GG 3 inch with a variety of pads plus a variety of polishes. I was planning on using HD Speed and topping it with 845. What do you guys think?

Motorcycle correction-20170511_095936-jpgMotorcycle correction-20170511_095930-jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Motorcycle correction

Hey Detailroookie, you are definitely on the right path with your plan of attack. I use my GG6 with 4" pads to work on our Harleys all the time and get excellent results. Like with any correction, start with the least aggressive pad/polish combo and work your way up, as needed (if the swirls are not that bad, HD Speed should work well with a conventional white pad). Make sure to get plenty of before and after shots.

Safe riding!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RavenHawk View Post
    Hey Detailroookie, you are definitely on the right path with your plan of attack. I use my GG6 with 4" pads to work on our Harleys all the time and get excellent results. Like with any correction, start with the least aggressive pad/polish combo and work your way up, as needed (if the swirls are not that bad, HD Speed should work well with a conventional white pad). Make sure to get plenty of before and after shots.

Safe riding!
    Thank you for your advice! I will definitely take before and after shots and post them on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Safe riding!
    I have a question, do you typically cover the stickers on the fairings or do you polish over them lightly?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    I have a question, do you typically cover the stickers on the fairings or do you polish over them lightly?

We don't have any decals or stickers on any of our bikes, but assuming your Ninja has decals/vinyl similar to that found on a boat, you will be fine if you go occasionally over them with the polisher; just be careful near the edges.

The Collinite you previously mentioned is a great choice, but I'm just curious if you have any other LSPs in your arsenal?

Post Thanks / Like

We don't have any decals or stickers on any of our bikes, but assuming your Ninja has decals/vinyl similar to that found on a boat, you will be fine if you go occasionally over them with the polisher; just be careful near the edges.

The Collinite you previously mentioned is a great choice, but I'm just curious if you have any other LSPs in your arsenal?
    Perfect thank you.

As far as LSP's I have PS21 100%, blackfire midnight sun, 845, dodo juice super natural wax, dodo juice black widow, pinnacle black label sealant, pinnacle sovereign wax spray and paste, blackfire paint sealant, Wolfgang deep gloss sealant 3.0. I am sure I am missing some, but I have a ton.

Do you recommend a different product?

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect thank you.

As far as LSP's I have PS21 100%, blackfire midnight sun, 845, dodo juice super natural wax, dodo juice black widow, pinnacle black label sealant, pinnacle sovereign wax spray and paste, blackfire paint sealant, Wolfgang deep gloss sealant 3.0. I am sure I am missing some, but I have a ton.

Do you recommend a different product?

Good collection of LSPs! Not really a recommendation, but more of a curiosity...when I first saw the color of your bike, the first thing that popped into my head was "sealant". You definitely have ample products to experiment with, and since that can be half the fun, I say go wild.

Let me know how it turns out!

Post Thanks / Like

Good collection of LSPs! Not really a recommendation, but more of a curiosity...when I first saw the color of your bike, the first thing that popped into my head was "sealant". You definitely have ample products to experiment with, and since that can be half the fun, I say go wild.

Let me know how it turns out!
    Thank you!

I recently started my own business and wanted to have a few options to see how different colors and paint types react to different products, but I may have gone a little over board. Lol. Thank you for all of your help and I will keep you posted. Since it is mothers day weekend, I plan on doing it Monday. I have requested the day off from my day job so I can take my time and relax. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!

I recently started my own business and wanted to have a few options to see how different colors and paint types react to different products, but I may have gone a little over board. Lol. Thank you for all of your help and I will keep you posted. Since it is mothers day weekend, I plan on doing it Monday. I have requested the day off from my day job so I can take my time and relax. Lol

Just remember, the fastest way to cure your LSP is to take a long ride afterwards...

Post Thanks / Like

When polishing plastic, remember it doesn't dissapaite heat the same as metal.

To test, do small section like you do on metal and feel the face of the pad.

Go from there.

If it is too hot, it will damage your pad first and then the paint.

I first discovered this when doing my bumper cover.

Swithing to ThinPro pads produced far less heat.
    Crispy 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix DD, always clean (except today) Hobby Detailer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast