autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please Critique My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by aztec1987 View Post
    Go for the longer ones, in my preference I feel more comfortable with the short handles. I just use jack stands and lug nut sockets with plastic to prevent damaging the rims.

Yeah I do one by one, after drying them I put any dressing (multiple coats to cover the tire well) and wheel wax.
    If I took the wheels off as you do, shorter would work. Otherwise the rims I have won't let me get all the way across the wall without that extra length.

It already takes me two hours to wash/dry the car every Monday night. I'll be a SOB if I'm going to add jacking it up on stands to the regiment!!

...even though Steeda Jacking Rails were my very first addition to this car!

-Emt1581

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking for reviews on the CG Stripper Scent (for when the true smell of it being a brand new car wears out)....and I read that AG has a discount code for CG....what is it??

Thanks

-Emt1581

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emt1581 View Post
    I was looking for reviews on the CG Stripper Scent (for when the true smell of it being a brand new car wears out)....and I read that AG has a discount code for CG....what is it??

Thanks

-Emt1581
    IDK I have a gallon of that scent but tbh it last pretty short time, only has lasted for a while when I use to spray it on my brothers RX8 for some reason but on the Mustang it last for a short period of time.

Yeah it takes a while but I know I am driving my car squeaky clean (hopefully), I tend to do this on dates or when just taking the car out for a cruise. other than that just regular cleaning and maintenance but to be honest Black is a very hard color to maintain clean!
    "I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

IDK I have a gallon of that scent but tbh it last pretty short time, only has lasted for a while when I use to spray it on my brothers RX8 for some reason but on the Mustang it last for a short period of time.
    Yeah that's what I read, that their scents fade fast. But other than a real new car (not new car scent...that usually smells nothing like a new car)...Stipper scent sounded great!! I'd also love to find aroused vagina if CG or anyone else makes it. Remember that scene in Christine?... "That's just about the finest smell in the world, 'cept maybe for (vagina)".

Any ideas on the AG code for CG??

-Emt1581
    (Sex Therapist)

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that's what I read, that their scents fade fast. But other than a real new car (not new car scent...that usually smells nothing like a new car)...Stipper scent sounded great!! I'd also love to find aroused vagina if CG or anyone else makes it.

Any ideas on the AG code for CG??

-Emt1581
    (Sex Therapist)
    LMAO it is a pretty weird name but tbh it is a really good smell, the girls love it. To be honest no I have no Idea on the code......Here is some of the results:

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...after-wash.jpg

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...ax-sealant.jpg
    "I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

LMAO it is a pretty weird name but tbh it is a really good smell, the girls love it. To be honest no I have no Idea on the code......Here is some of the results:

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...after-wash.jpg

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...ax-sealant.jpg
    Now what list of products/tools did you use to get that shine?

On the scent...I'd love to spray it in my office to see my clients' response. lol A scent's effect on the brain can be ridiculously powerful. Might make my job easier in certain cases.

In all seriousness, I might try the scent down the road but for now I'm enjoying the natural new car scent when I drive.

Thanks

-Emt1581

Post Thanks / Like

Now what list of products/tools did you use to get that shine?

On the scent...I'd love to spray it in my office to see my clients' response. lol A scent's effect on the brain can be ridiculously powerful. Might make my job easier in certain cases.

In all seriousness, I might try the scent down the road but for now I'm enjoying the natural new car scent when I drive.

Thanks

-Emt1581
    It was a 5 hours job aling with a 6 pack of Coronas and a cheeseburger:

This is what I did:

Washed 2 bucket method, foam cannon, and pressure washer (gas):
    - Soap CG Citrus wash + Gloss
    - Clay the car and use luber
    - PC 7424 XP
    - Swirl remove with Orange Hex logic pad 5.5" CG V-36 then follow with White Pad CG V-38
    - Applied 2 coats of Blacklight
    - Wet mirror Finish (2 layers)
    - Applied CG concours 50/50 wax
    - 2 layers of Jetseal 109

****The reason why I used Blacklight first is because from experienced I applied a glaze before and got some good results when I applied Blacklight it tends to actually eliminate the glazes ****

Post Thanks / Like

It was a 5 hours job aling with a 6 pack of Coronas and a cheeseburger:

This is what I did:

Washed 2 bucket method, foam cannon, and pressure washer (gas):
    - Soap CG Citrus wash + Gloss
    - Clay the car and use luber
    - PC 7424 XP
    - Swirl remove with Orange Hex logic pad 5.5" CG V-36 then follow with White Pad CG V-38
    - Applied 2 coats of Blacklight
    - Wet mirror Finish (2 layers)
    - Applied CG concours 50/50 wax
    - 2 layers of Jetseal 109

****The reason why I used Blacklight first is because from experienced I applied a glaze before and got some good results when I applied Blacklight it tends to actually eliminate the glazes ****

Seems like several hundred bucks worth of products there but it sure does yield great results!!

I'm going to have to peruse the polisher forums to see which I want to spend money on.

Only experience I have with polishers it was when I worked maintenance for a school district one summer in undergrad. Stripped and waxed all the terrazzo floors. Lifted up to go right and pressed down to go left...but no need to worry about panel gaps, headlights, glass/rubber/plastic trim.

-Emt1581

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like several hundred bucks worth of products there but it sure does yield great results!!

I'm going to have to peruse the polisher forums to see which I want to spend money on.

Only experience I have with polishers it was when I worked maintenance for a school district one summer in undergrad. Stripped and waxed all the terrazzo floors. Lifted up to go right and pressed down to go left...but no need to worry about panel gaps, headlights, glass/rubber/plastic trim.

-Emt1581
    I personally started off with PC 7242 XP since its a great beginners polisher, versatile, and nearly impossible to damage your paint/clear coat. You can see some videos and it is pretty straight forward after seen how to use it and the concept. Yeah I tend to do multi step instead of all in one.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally started off with PC 7242 XP since its a great beginners polisher, versatile, and nearly impossible to damage your paint/clear coat. You can see some videos and it is pretty straight forward after seen how to use it and the concept. Yeah I tend to do multi step instead of all in one.
    Yeah, the PC 7242 XP does seem like a really popular starting place. But what makes it a beginner's polisher that people...advance from? In other words, why not JUST use that one and none others?

Also, any suggestions on pads? As for wax and sealant (I'm learning that's two different things) I'll see earlier replies.

My bottle of Collinite 845 came last week so I'm eaget to try that.

Thanks

-Emt1581

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast