autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Swirl marks after 1 Rinseless Wash (WG Uber)

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    You washed 3 times in one week? OMG, that's the root of your issues. The more you rub it the more you mar it.
    I believe that frequent rinseless washing [even 3 times per week] is actually much safer than waiting longer in between washes.. If you're doing it every 2-3 days there's very little dirt to wipe off vs. the amount of dirt/grime that accumulates within 7-14 days... The Kia outside hasn't been washed in about 2 weeks and I won't even dare do a rinseless on it because it's just too dirty at this point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    "Rinseless wash technology"... lol. Rinseless washes are just regular washes that don't need to be rinsed off.

I use RW, but I always pressure wash the car first. There is no "technology" that makes wiping dirt off paint safer than rinsing it off with a pressure washer first.

It sucks it you can't use a hose where you live - but they are the facts.
    Totally agree. I think the "technology" in rinseless is simply that it doesn't leave a residue when dried. Some also seem to help dirt "stick" to your wash media to remove it. But overall if you wouldn't put a soapy wash mitt on your paint without a rinse then you shouldn't do the same with a rinseless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I believe that frequent rinseless washing [even 3 times per week] is actually much safer than waiting longer in between washes.. If you're doing it every 2-3 days there's very little dirt to wipe off vs. the amount of dirt/grime that accumulates within 7-14 days... The Kia outside hasn't been washed in about 2 weeks and I won't even dare do a rinseless on it because it's just too dirty at this point.
    I agree with this too. We use foam, pressure washers, etc. to get the dirt down to a certain level before we touch it with our wash mitt. With rinseless, think of attacking the problem in the other direction; try to never let the dirt get past that certain level before you wash it.

I thought I read at one point that pics of a car from one of the ONR shops showing its lack of marring was washed 3x a week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    I agree with this too. We use foam, pressure washers, etc. to get the dirt down to a certain level before we touch it with our wash mitt. With rinseless, think of attacking the problem in the other direction; try to never let the dirt get past that certain level before you wash it.

I thought I read at one point that pics of a car from one of the ONR shops showing its lack of marring was washed 3x a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    This is my understanding also with rinseless. If the paint feels gritty or after the car has been driven in the rain I will foam and 2 bucket wash.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I personally don't do rinseless or waterless washes. Never have, never will.
    I have and never will again. I think traditional 2 bucket washes BLOW away WW/RW as far as safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    I have and never will again. I think traditional 2 bucket washes BLOW away WW/RW as far as safety.
    I'm in the same position...it's two buckets or nothing. While I've not tried a rinseless wash, I've never had a waterless wash end well for me, even on a nearly clean car. I now use my waterless wash product to clean things like door jams and other surfaces that aren't seen.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Swirl marks after 1 Rinseless Wash (WG Uber)

Don't get me wrong, I think the RW is just as safe as the 2BM if you follow the right procedure. It's also easier, because if you use DI water you don't have to worry about water spots. And, it's much more practical to use DI water with a rinseless, because you don't have to waste the DI water rinsing off soap.

I pretty much only do GDWM RWs proceeded by pressure washing with no issues for years.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just reviewed his method and minus the pre-soak I was actually more careful, using one quarter side per one swipe vs using one quarter side per whole panel.

My issue was definitely the pre-soak. This should be emphasized more. Don't do rinseless (or waterless wash) without a nice heavy spray down of a panel first.

I just bought a handheld pressure pump sprayer to ensure the pre-soak coverage.

I've seen a couple places where videos mention you can use the leading edge on one towel wipe and a trailing edge on the next wipe. Perhaps a gradual lifting from leading to trailing while doing the pass will prevent the dirt from concentrating in lines. A little more technique but probably safer as less dirt is dragged over the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I think the RW is just as safe as the 2BM if you follow the right procedure. It's also easier, because if you use DI water you don't have to worry about water spots. And, it's much more practical to use DI water with a rinseless, because you don't have to waste the DI water rinsing off soap.

I pretty much only do GDWM RWs proceeded by pressure washing with no issues for years.
    I'm with you swanicyouth. It's the pre-contact steps that make a difference. I think pressure wash + shampoo is as good as pressure wash + rinseless as long as you're paying attention to build-up on your wash mitt. And you take care of this by using multiple microfibers instead of one mitt.

Anyways, I think the OP should always presoak the car before doing a rinseless. The dwell time can help with encapsulation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123