autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna One-Step Polish 3IN1 how agressive is it (using on 3 year old car)

I will be using a handjobber i have yellow and whitw pads .
    I'm a newbie here I'm kind of afraid to use the Menzerna One-Step Polish 3IN1 on this fairly nice paint cause it says it has a compound in it?? I also have Poorboy's Polish W/Carnauba Wax that says it will remove swirl marks... so I'm curious what u guys think... it's for a Lexus which has a soft paint or clear??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menzerna One-Step Polish 3IN1 how agressive is it (using on 3 year old car)

I used the 3 in 1 on a ratty black Hyundai for a 1 step and it came out great with oarnge cutting pad
    The only real sujestions I can tell u is to do a test spot start with soft pad and work up to a harder pad if u need it..
    hyundai had soft paint..
    Last edited by mbkite; 05-02-2017 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Add

Post Thanks / Like

Am I reading you are doing this by hand? If you are, you will have inconsistent results at best. Oh, and your arms will fall off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parttimer View Post
    Am I reading you are doing this by hand? If you are, you will have inconsistent results at best. Oh, and your arms will fall off.
    Yes for this car i am

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how it compares to HD Speed or Griot's One-Step Sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Menz 3 in 1 can have pretty good cut and leaves a nice glossy finish. When working by hand you won't see the products full potential. Same for the Poorboys product, cuts less than the Menz. I wouldn't want to do it by hand,

Post Thanks / Like

Suggest getting a DA polisher. You will get better results. Cheap Harbor Freight is about $50. It's not great but adequate. Better yet get Groits or Porter-Cable.
    Then polishing becomes fun and not arduous

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dennis hiip View Post
    Suggest getting a DA polisher. You will get better results. Cheap Harbor Freight is about $50. It's not great but adequate. Better yet get Groits or Porter-Cable.
    Then polishing becomes fun and not arduous
    agreed, if money is an issue (if not get the GG6) get the HF DA and buy the backing plate and pads here at AG. interesting video on the HF DA, not as cheap as some may think. go to youtube and watch the video ---> " Teardown: Harbor Freight dual action polisher review "

Post Thanks / Like

I found the Menz 3 in 1 to be a medium cut AOI. If you are looking for less cut the Britemax AOI is a good one.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny thing about the HF unit. That thing is a workhorse for as cheap as it is. I bought one while in Florida on vacation to work on my parents vehicles. I got put on the spot last time to detail a Mustang that was inherited. I only had the HF unit. I use IGL coatings so I called my guy, got a Kenzo kit ordered, Americana pads from them as well. I have no polish, no towels, nada. Went to Autozone and got a Mothers paint prep thing, Griotts correcting compound and some cheap towels. Total budget detail, I spent $240 or so, $160 of which was the Kenzo and turned this thing out:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Menzerna One-Step Polish 3IN1 how agressive is it (using on 3 year old car)-20170415_161933-large-jpg   Menzerna One-Step Polish 3IN1 how agressive is it (using on 3 year old car)-20170415_162009-large-jpg   Menzerna One-Step Polish 3IN1 how agressive is it (using on 3 year old car)-20170415_162026-large-jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast