autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Suggestions for quick wipe down?

Not sure what best practice is here, but this is the situation...

Spend a good part of sunday washing the car (weekly wash).

Drive to work on monday and part in the open, bit of dust will settle on the car etc.... being FL it usually will rain in the afternoon, thus leaving a bit of dust water residue on the car.

Is there something i can quickly wipe down the car with before parking it in the garage for the night, or should i just wait till the next sunday and do a proper wash again? Ive been doing every other week foam canon and rinse and foam canon and speedy prep towel, then blackfire paint protections, then adrex nano sealant.

Mike Phillips

Re: Suggestions for quick wipe down?

In my opinion, and experience, finding a waterless wash is your best friend.

There's dozens of brands that offer waterless washes on the market and on the AG store. If you're going to use a waterless wash might as well purchase a concentrate version and learn to mix your own RTU or Ready To Use version and then get a GREAT spray bottle to spray it on.

You also want to have a dedicated collection of microfiber towels just for wiping your car down.

Here's the deal...

If you wipe your car down often then it's always clean and this means reduced risk for marring from wiping down a car with dirt build-up.

If you do have a substantial dirt "film" build-up, simply do like I show on our TV show and use your waterless wash heavy or wet. The words heavy and wet mean use an ample saturation of product to lubricate the surface AND use plenty of microfiber towels.

I also have a video on this I'll include the link below.

Id you do this often you can get fast at it. Kind of depends on how large and/or complicated your car's body panels are.

Mike Phillips

This video covers,

1. Rinseless wash
    2. Waterless wash
    3. Careful approach - Traditional wash
    4. Aggressive approach - Traditional wash

New Video - How to properly wash your car - Rinseless Wash - Waterless Wash - Gentle Approach - Aggressive Approach

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Pinnacle Waterless Wash Concentrate with Carnauba, and have had good luck with it. That bottle will last a while at the proper dilution ratios. Pretty solid bang for the buck!

Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash Concentrate with Carnauba, waterless car wash, eco friendly car wash products

Post Thanks / Like

I would start by reducing the time you take on Sunday. I can take my car from dirty to pristine in about 1hr. That will free up your time on Sunday and also reduce the OCD thoughts during the week which are partly to protect your efforts from the weekend.

Not sure if you have a black car, but it sounds like you do, then Waterless or rinseless is the way to go. I'm OCD and in the dry dusty times, I'll pull my car in the drive after dinner, blast it off with water just to remove the majority of dust, then I'll pull it inside for a quick rinseless spray-down and dry. Hit it with a blower to get he majority of it dry plus all the seems clear of water and then a mist with some detail spray. Again, less than 1hr.

I have and do practice waterless washes, but it does present some risks. My only advice if you do have a black car is to use a modified waterless technique in that you spray the panels but wipe with a damp cloth followed by a dry / buff one. I just don't ever wipe surfaces with dry ones unless I know it's cleaned first.

Good luck.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

I guess i forgot which forum i was on...

My sunday routine is usually 1 - 1.5hours depending if im doing the sealant / polish step. So not really much time wasted and the results are good enough for me... i usually start at 7am and im ready by the time anyone wakes up in the house.

I was just browsing water less solutions and picked one up... seems like the perfect mid week clean up, or if like today I wake up at 4am and cant sleep and decided to clean the wheel drums of the car...
    Suggestions for quick wipe down?-ar146lgl-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I almost only use a rinseless wash anymore. If it is really dirty and has a road film I first knock that off the a hose. I start with the body then use my leftover mixture to clean the wheels up.

I use the waterless wash mit sold here in AG and love the thing. As far as product I have about 5 differnt ones I use. All work well it seems I just like to hoard products lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Between a California duster and a waterless wash my cars always pretty clean. I still the do the weekly wash though

Post Thanks / Like

Question. Does the California duster make micro scratches?I keep getting them on my black car. I know that they're caused by washing etc.I use the duster because its very fast and my black car shows dust very quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Uber Rinseless concentrate. It can be diluted for different tasks. You'll like it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast