autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2017 Ruby Red GT350 Paint Decontamination, Paint Correction, Ceramic Seal

2017 Ruby Red GT350 Paint Decontamination, Paint Correction, Ceramic Seal are finally completed. Thanks to my great friend Roger, Klasse Act, for all his effort and advise.

A complete step by step process with pictures to follow..........

2. Thanks Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 Ruby Red GT350 Paint Decontamination, Paint Correction, Ceramic Seal

Your welcome Ted, can't wait to see all 3 phases of the pics! I'll add my pics once all of yours are loaded.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm excited to see the end result for this beautiful ride. Not just a Mustang but a gt350. And in ruby red. I'm glad you dont live near me, because with that car driving around I know my car won't get a second look haha.

Post Thanks / Like

That car will get speeding tickets standing still. Nice car!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    I'm excited to see the end result for this beautiful ride. Not just a Mustang but a gt350. And in ruby red. I'm glad you dont live near me, because with that car driving around I know my car won't get a second look haha.
    Thanks, I searched and searched, held out and found exactly what I wanted. Ford did this one right.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Pics???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    That car will get speeding tickets standing still. Nice car!
    Red, loud, and fast. Time for a ticket and tire budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

The car started out clean.

Note, the wheels were removed a few weeks previously, decontaminated, cleaned, and the Optimum Gloss-Coat Paint Coating was applied at that time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017 Ruby Red GT350 Paint Decontamination, Paint Correction, Ceramic Seal-img_7144-jpg   2017 Ruby Red GT350 Paint Decontamination, Paint Correction, Ceramic Seal-img_7147-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

On Friday the weather was dreary but I was able to complete the paint decontamination process before the rain.

First I utilized the Griot's Garage Iron and Fallout Remover. Normally I complete everything from top down but to avoid getting too much water on the lower panels of the car I went from the bottom up. I liberally sprayed the product to one panel at a time, waited three minutes, agitated the product with a soft sponge, waited until the product started to show signs of hazing which was previous to the recommended three minutes, and rinsed the panel well with a garden hose. This was completed top to bottom always keeping the thoroughly rinsed and wet.

Next I utilized a Griot's Garage Yellow Clay Bar Mitt while the car was still wet from the rinse. I also applied a mist of Griot's Garage Speed Shine. Once the car was completed I was disappointed with the feel of the paint after drying it. I followed with the Clay Bar Mitt and Speed Shine. The car felt better to the touch but I was very disappointed to find the paint failed the baggie test in a big way. I guess the paint on this new car was worse off than I imagined.

Finally I went old school. I broke out a new Pinnacle Clay Bar and utilized Pinnacle Clay Bar Lube on the entire car. Finally, the result I was wanting. The car was ready for paint correction.

(I attempted to post photos but technology is not my friend right now, I will keep trying later)

Post Thanks / Like

Chemical decon is never a be all end all, the clay bar/mit should always be followed up with. I'm surprised that on such a new car it failed the baggie test after iron remover and yellow Griots wipings. In the end, the clay bar finished off the task, a 3 part decon!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast