autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need a recommendation on pricing

You might want to consider these things:

you dont have insurance if you have an accident (example: wind blows popup tent and does $3000 worth of damage to paint and panels.)

you could be risking the friendship if something goes wrong.

Just something to think about. You may want to send her to a pro.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=custmsprty;1483793]Do you currently have the products you need to do the top? I don't so if it were me I'd have her pay for those and charge her extra to do the top as I'd probably never use those products again.

Yes, I have prod. I need for the job. I will mention the top to her as I will not need the prod. again

I also don't do this as my full time job, I just don't enjoy working on a vehicle for 10-12+ hours and my back wouldn't tolerate it either.

My back doesn't enjoy it either, work 4 or 5 hrs/day.

She wants it to be like yours but will she run it through a car wash the following week?

I'll find out, but if I get paid to do the job I don't mind, especially in a year or so, she wants it done again.

I did this Z for a neighbor last year. I did a follow up wash and quick wax about 4 months later and it was already exhibiting swirls, scratches etc.

5 hours start to finish (and that included a quick interior wipe down with Slk Shine), 90-95+ % perfected in one step. I enjoyed the experience, it was the first time I used HD Adapt and the look on the owners face when he saw the finished vehicle was priceless.

What's HD adapter?

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=bcgreen;1483797]
    Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Do you currently have the products you need to do the top? I don't so if it were me I'd have her pay for those and charge her extra to do the top as I'd probably never use those products again.

Yes, I have prod. I need for the job. I will mention the top to her as I will not need the prod. again

I also don't do this as my full time job, I just don't enjoy working on a vehicle for 10-12+ hours and my back wouldn't tolerate it either.

My back doesn't enjoy it either, work 4 or 5 hrs/day.

She wants it to be like yours but will she run it through a car wash the following week?

I'll find out, but if I get paid to do the job I don't mind, especially in a year or so, she wants it done again.

I did this Z for a neighbor last year. I did a follow up wash and quick wax about 4 months later and it was already exhibiting swirls, scratches etc.

5 hours start to finish (and that included a quick interior wipe down with Slk Shine), 90-95+ % perfected in one step. I enjoyed the experience, it was the first time I used HD Adapt and the look on the owners face when he saw the finished vehicle was priceless.

What's HD adapter?
    It was a product that stupidly 3d / HD discontinued. Supposedly, according to them HD Cut + fills the gap. The key to my post in that show and shine is how many different test and combos I did before I went off and polished the whole vehicle. I cannot be over emphasized the value of test spots.

Here's the post on the BMW:

2015 BMW 435i Meets HD Speed & HD Poxy

Here's a link to their product line, note the BMW (5 hours, start to finish )

3D Professional Detailing Products, HD car care, 3D HD
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

custmsprty
    I am interested in HD for future use as right now I have Mez. and Meguiar prod. that I have to use up.
    Just to be clear HD Speed is an AIO?
    You like toping Speed with Poxy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcgreen View Post
    custmsprty
    I am interested in HD for future use as right now I have Mez. and Meguiar prod. that I have to use up.
    Just to be clear HD Speed is an AIO?
    You like toping Speed with Poxy?
    Yes, that' correct.

I have the enitre Menz line up too and had been pretty much using it until it started playing around with 3d / HD

That was a great comaprison for me comparing Menz 3-n-1 to HD Speed. Menz 3-n-1 had a bit more correction but it was much harder to remove and working time wasn't as good as Speed. But I figure I could always bump up to a yellow LC or B&S pad with Speed if need be for more bite. Haven't done that yet.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that' correct.

I have the enitre Menz line up too and had been pretty much using it until it started playing around with 3d / HD

That was a great comaprison for me comparing Menz 3-n-1 to HD Speed. Menz 3-n-1 had a bit more correction but it was much harder to remove and working time wasn't as good as Speed. But I figure I could always bump up to a yellow LC or B&S pad with Speed if need be for more bite. Haven't done that yet.
    My Menz. is P106

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcgreen View Post
    My Menz. is P106
    My Menzerna products are all the old numbers, I can't even begin to keep up with the new numbers
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brettS4 View Post
    A couple days for a Mini? Would it take a week to do a SUV?
    Dude, don't be rude.
    I'm a poet, and I didn't know it.

"Answer the question, Claire!"

For all we know, bcgreen is spending just one hour a day on this, after his regular job. He was clear that he is not a professional. Glad he's charging this friend. Reminds friends of the value of the service. A signed disclaimer from her in case of mishap would be a bonus, too.
    1994 300ZX 2+2 MT, sole owner, 239K mi
    2005 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD
    2014 Maserati Quattroporte GTS

Post Thanks / Like

My Menzerna products are all the old numbers, I can't even begin to keep up with the new numbers
    My Mez. is at a point where I will cut it open to get out the last bit of product. I bought this from someone at Autopia, partially used, this way back 20 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinLow View Post
    Dude, don't be rude.
    I'm a poet, and I didn't know it.

"Answer the question, Claire!"

For all we know, bcgreen is spending just one hour a day on this, after his regular job. He was clear that he is not a professional. Glad he's charging this friend. Reminds friends of the value of the service. A signed disclaimer from her in case of mishap would be a bonus, too.
    I am retired, but I will spend perhaps a few hours on it the first day. If things go along speedily, then I may get it done in a day and half. But I've never been able to do a 3 step process in anything less than a couple of days. The half day or less, perhaps some one else's eyeballs, will go around the vehicle to see if I missed anything. Got to get it flawless, ready to be entered in a car show if there were one be entered into. Then I can go to bed happy ensured that I gave it my best and that my friend is impressed. The last assignment was on a BMW M4 Marina Blue and I got it done in 16 hrs., stopping for 1/2 hr. Next day I paid for it recuperating. I had no choice because I had to do it at the client's/coworker's house, a 1 1/2 hr drive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12