autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sprtiz

Post Thanks / Like

Sprtiz

When do I spritz my pad? How often?
    What do I use?

New pad freshly primed? Or everytime I apply more product for a new section?

Water? Clay lube? Detail spray?

I guess I'll ask....what is detail spray?

Thanks everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sprtiz

Bump

Post Thanks / Like

Spritz your pad for what, priming?

I dont prime my pads like that. I usually use a little bit of product, work it into the pads. Apply some more drops and go.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer working with a completely dry pad. I use products that are heavily lubricated like HD Polish+, Scholl Concepts, Boss Creams and in my experience introducing a mist of water onto the pad can affect the cut of the compound or polish and can also make removal more difficult. After I wash my pads, before I put them on the rack to dry I will spritz them with the Wolfgang pads conditioner. No sure if it's actually beneficial but since I bought the 64oz. when they were going out of stock I'm trying to use it up.

As for priming, I don't even prime microfiber. I find with products like Fast Correcting Cream the pad gets primed after just 1-2 section passes anyway and in my opinion a pad that is too heavily primed generates more heat on the pad and backing plate and also more stress on the polisher. Everyone has their own method and it really comes down to personal preference. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I will spritz my pad when it is dry and I apply either compound or polish. The ones that I like to spritz are the "just cleaned" Pads. The reason being is that it reduces the dust from the pad. Even a completely cleaned pa, there will be some dry residue of the previous compound and polish.

The other time I will spritz the pad is that I want to use all the compound/polish from a detailed pad while I am working. After that, I will replace the Pad with a new one and keep on detailing. More pads for detailing the better!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.