autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not what it looks like...

Like the title states this isn't what it looks like. Obviously it looks like clear coat failure, I haven't ruled that out completely. I can tell you it's not base coat right underneath it.

It looks more like someone painted something on top of the paint, is there a protective layer that you spray on top of paint besides the textured stuff? The first picture is one he sent me.

When he got here for me to check it out I peeled that hanging piece off. It had a lot if elasticity. Definitely not PPF though, much too thin. I would expect regular clear to be brittle if it was hanging off like that. This isn't, but it is on a bumper cover and I know the paint is different on those. You can also take your nail and scratch the little bubbles and peel it.

Whatever it is looks like it was sprayed on with the car sitting outside. A lot of dust in it.

It's not what it looks like...-image-jpg
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Re: It's not what it looks like...

That looks like the result of a "poor" mobile spray/bumper repair type scenario.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: It's not what it looks like...

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    That looks like the result of a "poor" mobile spray/bumper repair type scenario.
    So they didn't prep the paint correctly and spared it. That's a good possibility. It looked really bad when I did the car about 9 months ago. I cleaned it up the best I could. I'm surprised that paint still has that much elasticity. It actually stretched. I know the paint for plastic bumper covers is different.

I've got almost everything I need to start doing some painting. When I finish getting everything I may have to sand it down and shoot it for him.

I wasn't aware there was such a thing as mobile spray/bumper repair.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.