autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Honda Paint

Going to be doing a one step on black 2015 Accord soon. From what I've read the paint is super soft and finicky. I plan to use Menzerna 3 in 1 with a PC polisher. I have orange, white, and black LC pads. The goal is to correct as much as possible without leaving any haze or holograms. Any tips on what pad I should use, machine speed, or technique would be appreciated.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Honda Paint

Quote Originally Posted by 986DTM View Post
    Going to be doing a one step on black 2015 Accord soon. From what I've read the paint is super soft and finicky. I plan to use Menzerna 3 in 1 with a PC polisher. I have orange, white, and black LC pads. The goal is to correct as much as possible without leaving any haze or holograms. Any tips on what pad I should use, machine speed, or technique would be appreciated.
    Speed 4.5 and up on the pc, anything lower your not going to do much correction.

I use McKee's 37 Fast Polish and have great success on 1 steps. Your going to end up using White or Orange.

I would try the orange first, do your complete buffing cycle wipe off, and make sure there is no haze.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used HDSpeed with an orange pad and had excellent results on Honda and Subaru's which are both soft paints.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I don't have speed but I know its less aggressive than the menzerna product I have. Think I'm leaning a bit more towards the white pad right now to be safe. I'm guessing that would be comparable to using an orange pad with speed. I'll have to do a test spot to be sure. Soft black paint is the worst.

Post Thanks / Like

Essence is another excellent product for soft black paint. I use it a lot on the gloss B pillars of vehicles.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I don't have speed but I know its less aggressive than the menzerna product I have. Think I'm leaning a bit more towards the white pad right now to be safe. I'm guessing that would be comparable to using an orange pad with speed. I'll have to do a test spot to be sure. Soft black paint is the worst.
    You are correct, least aggressive first and always do a test spot first. Good luck on Honda's black paint doing a one step.

Post Thanks / Like

Another thumbs up for essence. If it's a Japanese car, there is no compounding and then polishing. There is only essence and orange pad.

Post Thanks / Like

So you are suggesting that essence fills well enough and/or finishes down nicely enough that you can prevent any hazing or holograms you might get from stepping up to a more aggressive pad?

I have essence, though I haven't used it yet so I wasn't sure about negotiating the learning curve on a paid job where time = money.

Post Thanks / Like

So you are suggesting that essence fills well enough and/or finishes down nicely enough that you can prevent any hazing or holograms you might get from stepping up to a more aggressive pad?

I have essence, though I haven't used it yet so I wasn't sure about negotiating the learning curve on a paid job where time = money.
    Depends on the condition of the paint, whether or not Essence can be your friend. Since you already have it, try a test spot.

Post Thanks / Like

I used griots garage black microfiber pad with an aio on my black honda paint with fantastic results. Love that pad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast