autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

And my truck is ruined. Help!

So long story short, some sprinklers shot my car with some pretty rough water and it sat on there for a day.

This picture shows the before and after a wipe with Griot's Speedshine:
    And my truck is ruined. Help!-l9q0sxh-jpg

I did the tailgate, but I had to pretty much scrub it, and even still, you could see small spots standing.

Here is another shot of it after I tried wiping with the Speedshine: (sorry for the big image, AG keeps saying it's invalid even though it's the same thing as the above)

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

So what can I do at this point to get this stuff off and prevent it in the future? I have a DA polisher, but it has to wait for the weekend. I'm so nervous that my truck is just ruined.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: And my truck is ruined. Help!

CarPro Spotless. If by long chance that doesn't work, use 3D Eraser Gel. I use both where needed and they work like a charm.

What did you use as your sealant/wax/coating aka Last Step Product (LSP)? Some are more susceptible to spotting. Overall though, no, it's not ruined. There's a slim/long chance you'll just need to polish it but IMO Spotless will work. Once used, just wipe down the car with a good detail spray to re-vamp the hydrophobic properties.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I did my biannual detail with Wolfgang 3.0 as the sealant about 3(ish) months ago, preceded by iron x/clay bar/ meguirs medium compound/menzernas polish/IPA wipe and seal. I'm going to start with the CarPro Spotless and hope I get it in by Saturday.

Next question is what can I use to prevent this in the future?

Thanks for your help and reassurance that I my county water didn't destroy my truck.

Post Thanks / Like

3 months ago since your last application of sealant means you were due for a new coat. I'd put two coats on in the future, 24 hours apart.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always had to clay, polish and re-seal the paint surface after getting these nasty water spots. The sprinkler system at my apartment leaves behind nasty hard water spots. I now put a bucket over the sprinkler heads each night so my truck doesn't get hit anymore. My neighbors think I'm crazy for doing this but my truck looks still looks great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    I did my biannual detail with Wolfgang 3.0 as the sealant about 3(ish) months ago, preceded by iron x/clay bar/ meguirs medium compound/menzernas polish/IPA wipe and seal. I'm going to start with the CarPro Spotless and hope I get it in by Saturday.

Next question is what can I use to prevent this in the future?

Thanks for your help and reassurance that I my county water didn't destroy my truck.
    Spotting is just part of summer in many cases. The best thing to do is avoid sprinklers, etc. However, it's inevitable that you'll have the vehicle in a rain storm that passes and the sun will come out causing them again. Keep some Spotless on hand. I usually keep a 32oz bottle in my cabinet. Some products are less prone to hard water like that. Finish Kare 1000P is one that I've used and like. It's great for summer and does a pretty good job of warding off spots.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B. View Post
    I've always had to clay, polish and re-seal the paint surface after getting these nasty water spots. The sprinkler system at my apartment leaves behind nasty hard water spots. I now put a bucket over the sprinkler heads each night so my truck doesn't get hit anymore. My neighbors think I'm crazy for doing this but my truck looks still looks great.
    You know, I walked out there this morning to see where the heads are and, since I live relatively close to the beach, the wind is pretty killer too. I'll put that buck in the back of the truck, for sure. It just amazes me that the concrete and everything is stained brown from this water and nobody has ever had an issue they care to bring up.

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    Spotting is just part of summer in many cases. The best thing to do is avoid sprinklers, etc. However, it's inevitable that you'll have the vehicle in a rain storm that passes and the sun will come out causing them again. Keep some Spotless on hand. I usually keep a 32oz bottle in my cabinet. Some products are less prone to hard water like that. Finish Kare 1000P is one that I've used and like. It's great for summer and does a pretty good job of warding off spots.
    Ya, it's tough to avoid the sprinklers because of limited parking. Looks like this week of next week the truck is getting a detail.

Thanks for all the help everyone, hopefully that stuff will ship today from AG and I'll get it in time to apply it this weekend!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B. View Post
    The sprinkler system at my apartment leaves behind nasty hard water spots. I now put a bucket over the sprinkler heads each night so my truck doesn't get hit anymore.
    Too funny! Definitely thinking outside the box.