autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mystery Box Review Part 1 Brush Hero BBS GT3 Pics

Rarely post here but wanted to share my thoughts on recent purchase of Autogeek Mystery Box in March. Was a little underwhelmed when first opened the box. First thing I noticed was how light the box was. Was expecting it to be a little heftier with the claim of a $100 value. Opened the box and the first item I pulled out was the Brush Hero wheel cleaner. First reaction, this was exactly what I expected waste of money. Had never heard of this item before and it seemed pretty hokey at first but googled it there were actually decent reviews so it peaked my interest.

Below is a picture of all the items received in the Mystery Box.
    1. Brush Hero
    2. Blackfire Midnight Sun Paste Wax
    3. Blackfire Car Shampoo
    4. Chanille Wash Mit
    5. Mothers Glass Cleaner - Sample Size
    6. Mother Instant Detailer - Sample Size
    7. McKees Tire Coating - Sample Size
    8. Mothers Wash and Wax - Sample Size
    9. 303 Speed Detailer - Sample Size

Mystery Box Review Part 1 Brush Hero BBS GT3 Pics-mystery-box-1-jpg

Finally broke the GT3 out of winter hibernation and had new wheel installed, BBS E07 with Michelin PS4S tires. Have Pagid track pads that really dust a lot so it is noticeable on the wheels. The chrome on these wheels scratch really easily so I was very hesitant to try the Brush Hero but figured I would give one wheel a shot. Put on the softest brush and after the first wheel I was very pleased, these made cleaning the spokes a breeze. Wheels with a lot of spoke is a major PIA, the Brush Hero ate the brake dust up no problem. Wheels looked fantastic when I was done and I highly recommend the Brush Hero to anyone.

Wheel before cleaning, does not look that noticeable but they are dirty.
    Mystery Box Review Part 1 Brush Hero BBS GT3 Pics-mystery-box-2-jpg

After Cleaning and a coat of Poorboy's World Black Hole. It was dark by the time I was done so pics don't look great. Will post more in the future, and will also lay a coat of Midnight Sun paste wax in next couple of weeks to review. Swore I would never use anything besides a spray wax again but since it came in the box will give it a shot. Also swore I would never use a wash mitt again since my neighbor was pulling into his driveway and waved hello with the mitt on. Looked like an idiot

Mystery Box Review Part 1 Brush Hero BBS GT3 Pics-mystery-box-3-jpg
    Mystery Box Review Part 1 Brush Hero BBS GT3 Pics-mystery-box-4-jpg

Overall really happy with the mystery box. The Brush Hero alone will make cleaning wheel MUCH easier!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mystery Box Review Part 1 Brush Hero BBS GT3 Pics-mystery-box-5-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mystery Box Review Part 1 Brush Hero BBS GT3 Pics

Good to hear the mystery box worked out for you. Now let's see some more pictures of that beautiful car!