autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna Products and Florida

I've heard several stories on these forums about how the Menzerna products are finicky to certain weather conditions and being used outside. I am planning on finally polishing the Corvette, and have also read about how the Menzerna line seems to be the one line that consistently can deal with the hard clear that GM puts on the C5 Vettes.

My question for you Florida residents (and those in Florida with Vettes) is how much trouble do you have with the Menzerna line in the hot, humid weather we always have here, and if you do have trouble are there other products that will correct my paint? I have the full line of XMT 1-4, as well as XMT 360, and yellow, orange, and white pads for my PC.

This lineup has served me well through Nissans, Saturns, Fords, Lexus, and Toyotas, but the Corvette clear seems to be legendary.

Thanks!
    Paul
    2000 Corvette
    1965 Chevelle

Post Thanks / Like
    Having a red vette myself, and having used the Menzerna line, I must say I'm very happy with the results. I'm in totally opposite weather conditions than in Florida. It's dry and cool here, but I've also done when hot, but not so humid, and Menzerna has performed well under different conditions. You certaintly don't want to apply in direct sunlight, and as long as the surface of the car is not too hot (to the touch), you should have no problems...
    -Goose
    2007 Avus Silver Audi RS4
    2018 Black Redline Edition Chevy Silverado

Post Thanks / Like
    Z06-Goose

These polishes were designed to work in the controlled temperature / humidity environment of a vehicle manufacturer’s paint shop finishing line, note that silicone has an adverse effect on the oils used for surface lubrication and can cause the polish to smear, also be aware that working outside you may have issues like excess humidity, heat, cold, etc that will affect there performance especially with the Nano polish (105FF) as it uses wax as a lubricant (colder temps may cause the wax to harden)

Post Thanks / Like
    The weather we are having right now in florida is perfect for using menzerna.
    When it is hot and humid though, menzerna can be hard to remove.
    I have found that it still does the job, but then the weather is too hot or too humid the residue is difficult to remove.
    I detailed a Pontiac this weekend in Jupiter, FL, the weather was perfect 78 deg. and low humidity. 106ff performed perfectly, and came off really easily.
    I have never used it on a vette though...

Post Thanks / Like
    When it is not humid Z-2 will take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes to dry. Depending on how heavy you applied it. The first time I used ZFX it was 50 degrees and raining and the polish dried in 30 minutes or so. I have applied Z-2 in the Florida 75 oF sun (not direct sunlight) and it dried in approx. 3 to 5 minutes, applied in 38 oF temperature in London and it took approx 2 to 3 hours to dry

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I've never had any issues with Z2 or Z5 in Florida, and have generally used them in the humid, hot, direct sunlight that is my home.

I'm just apprehensive to drop $100 on Menzerna products that I can really only use 5 months out of the year since I do all my work in my driveway or non-climate-controlled garage.

I suppose I will give my XMTs a shot at the Vette and see how well they do. It's by no means in horrible shape, but could definitely use the first polish that it's ever received. They haven't disappointed me yet. If I don't get the correction I want, then I can step up (over?) to the Menzerna line.
    Paul
    2000 Corvette
    1965 Chevelle

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Menzerna on a Vette and had no problems. The weather was in the low 60's and no humidity though. I have used Mezerna last week in the low 40's and it was a dream to work with.

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Florida and have no problems with Menzerna. That said, I dont ever polish in direct sunlight. Open garage, light fan, and PC a blistering.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    I live in Florida and have no problems with Menzerna. That said, I dont ever polish in direct sunlight. Open garage, light fan, and PC a blistering.
    Have you tried the XMT products on your Vette? How did they perform?
    Paul
    2000 Corvette
    1965 Chevelle

Post Thanks / Like
    You will end up having alot better results with Menzerna, results will speak for themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast