autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New Location for KMG Detailing in 2017

Over the last few years as my business has continued to evolve, the time has come to move into a large space and no longer work out of the garage at my house. So over the winter the new location kind of fell into my lap. We moved out of house that we have been in for the past 12 years into a new home last fall, but we kept out old house as a rental. We had a guy out to re stretch the carpet in the old house and through discussion he mentioned he had some garage space he was using more for storage that he was going to be looking at renting out soon, and said about stopping by the check it out.

A week or two later I swung by to check it out and it was certainly cluttered, but the space had good potential. Here are a few pics from when I went to look at it.

This is at the back of the bay looking towards the door. The overall space is 37' x 40' which I will eventually be taking, however for the first year I am only going to take one bay (17' x 40').

Looking towards the back of the bay.

Once we came to an agreement on the space over the next few weeks he cleaned the space out and had the old pit filled with stone and concrete. We were able to get in and start to clean the space up. The first task was to construct the wall to divide the space.

Framing is up for the wall and time to run wires and start the sheeting.

First days work is complete.

With most of the wall up, the next evening I started to prime and paint the walls.

Managed to get my son and wife to lend a hand with the paint for an evening. These block walls really soaked up the paint. I went through almost 10 gallons of masonry paint just painting the block in this space.

After two coats of paint on all the walls it was starting to come together pretty nice.

And it was finally to start moving the cabinets and stuff over from the old shop.

With everything moved in and in place now. I still have things that need to be done but for the most part the space is in pretty good shape to work out of.

It is also nice to finally have a space that paved all the way around with a nice outside space for parking also.

I will continue to update this post as I continue to improve on the space. I must say I feel quite blessed to have a space like this considering I only detail part time and work on a limited number of cars each month.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Location for KMG Detailing in 2017

Very nice space. That block wall looks so much better/brighter painted. Good job on the cheap labor too

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you deserve it man! Good for you, you do great work Kevin and it couldnt have happened to a nicer guy!!! CONGRATS!
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    Very nice space. That block wall looks so much better/brighter painted. Good job on the cheap labor too
    I am pretty happy with it and will continue to improve on the space. It certainly did brighten things up with the paint on the block walls, and yes the cheap labor was nice. Pretty much did a majority of the work pictured in a matter of a week.

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Wow, you deserve it man! Good for you, you do great work Kevin and it couldnt have happened to a nicer guy!!! CONGRATS!
    Thanks Don! I rarely get on here anymore but want to try and make a bit more effort to check in on things.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice stuff!

Wish you much success at new location.

Post Thanks / Like

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. Best of luck.

Post Thanks / Like

So Cool! Love Success Stories!! Keep on Rockin! Nice taking risks too!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow I really didn't know you were this into things! Congrats Kevin! On the new house and the new garage space!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Kevin. Well deserved. The new shop looks great and it's always great seeing the work you post on your IG page.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast