autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: carpro hydro2 LITE: streaks and spots everytime

Quote Originally Posted by szjalo View Post
    I havent had much experience with Permanon but the temperature durability is quite impressive. so does the price lol
    It goes a long way though! You only use a 5%-10% solution with DI/RO. It's an extremely impressive sealant, it also darkens plastic trim, protects glass, wheels, etc.
    It's definitely a sealant that can last more than 6months with one application as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDetails View Post
    It goes a long way though! You only use a 5%-10% solution with DI/RO. It's a really impressive sealant, it also darkens plastic trim, protects glass, wheels, etc. For my business, the cost makes sense because it saves me time vs applying a sealant with a DA, letting it cure, buffing. It cuts down on labor and the sealant is superior to any type of paste sealant you can buy. So you're essentially saving time and money but also giving the customer a much higher quality sealant on their vehicle. I've seen it last up to 6months on some cars as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about that, Tapatalk can be horrrible at times.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the McKees si02 Blue as an alternative. I just used it in bright FL mid afternoon sun with no streaking or spotting.

5. Thanks jem7sk thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Your application is ok, i just would change the shampoo , Dawn uses surfactants to protect your hand skin
    these could be interfere if not rinsed well from the surface.
    if you see any streak dots, best tip is to spray some Hydro lite on mf and wipe on over the streaks
    it will remove the streaks , then wipe off with the dry side , surface will be coated and cleaned .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ebg18t View Post
    Check out the McKees si02 Blue as an alternative. I just used it in bright FL mid afternoon sun with no streaking or spotting.
    Agreed.

Mckees 37 Hydro Blue Sio2 Spray Coating

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    *Disclaimer* - Product was sent to me free, in exchange for my honest review/opinion.

I got this (and some other stuff) a few days before doing this. My truck was filthy due to the weather not really being conducive to cleaning vehicles because of pollen, rain, wind, dew etc. I'd finally had it when I brought truck in for oil change and the service writer gave me some friendly laughs since it was so dirty (remember I detailed one of their loaners cuz I didn't want to drive a mess around)

Conditions:

Temp 72
    Wind - 25-27 sustained, gusts to 38
    UV - 12
    Humidity -35%

No befores or durings since it had to get done quickly due to sun/wind.

Wheels/tires/running boards not done, for speed purposes (wish I had).

Now anyone who has used a spay coating knows that drips after drying are a pain to deal with...... Since I didn't have time to try and blow dry most of the water off since it was drying so fast due to wind and low humidity and color, the roof kept running on to windshield)
    Surprisingly, these were taken care of with a damp towel, followed by a dry ww.

Thoughts and conclusions.....
    I was very impressed that I didn't have a mess of streaks/stains to deal with that I have had with another "spray coating". Especially since I had to use a ton and spray it really close due to wind.
    Simple to use.
    Imparts great shine/gloss.

Answer to probably the most important question....... Would I pay for the product? YES!

Post Thanks / Like

I havent had much experience with Permanon but the temperature durability is quite impressive. so does the price lol
    I have used the Permanon Platinum for last 3 years.

Got a 1 liter bottle (way more than I wanted at the time).

Was going to replace it with Hydro2 until I read this post.

Now not so sure.

I had zero issues with the Permanon after using it on body and wheels.

Did not know it worked on plastic due to the electrostatic properties.

On metal or glass though as easy to to use as breathing.

Wet surface, spray product and rinse.

I usally dry but a brisk drive will also dry streak free.

Considering my options.
    Crispy 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix DD, always clean (except today) Hobby Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I start to try out the carpro hydro 2 LITE. used it three times now. despite the great shine (looks really super good on dark cars, not so much on warm/light colored cars), I do have spots and streaks every time. I am pretty sure I have used it in right way, however below is my method:

1\ car outdoor in shade, surface 100% cool to touch
    2\ washed with dawn, no LSP remains
    3\ after rinse, spray hydro2LITE on still wet paint
    4\ after spray on one panel (like half of the hood), rinse off with pressure washer immediately. the chemical sits on paint for less than 10 seconds, and this is the fastest I can do.
    5\ dry after whole car is sprayed and rinsed.

Let me know if you have spotted anything wrong.

despite I tried to rinse hydro2LITE ASAP, after drying I still can see spots as a result of misting the product on paint, also streaks as a result of rinsing product off the paint. these spots and streaks are actually quite difficult to remove unless I wash the whole car again.

I do like this concept of spray sealant but the spots and streaks are quite frustrating. I don't know if there is any thing wrong with my techniques, or just the LITE version does this anyway. does hydro2 perform the same as hydro2LITE? or should I try a different like like McKee?
    Glad I found this thread!! I’ve been using hydro lite for some time now and never had a issue until the last 2 times I used it. Just like the the op. I sprayed it on wet paint and rinsed as fast as possible. When done I have spotting and all over and it is a masssive time consuming pain to get these off. I just tired the sonax spray and seal with the same issue. Not sure what’s going on lately but if this keeps happening I’m all done with these spray coatings. Easy and convient to apply but a hour extra or so of wipe down time to get the spots off!! So frustrating. I may try the McKee like the other member posted. Any ideas what’s going on. I was in love with this stuff but now I want to throw it out. ������

Post Thanks / Like

Temps are now very high , make sure you apply in cooler environment temps
    if its impossible add another 20% water to your Hydro Lite to reduce flash time in such hot temp.

11. Thanks rlmccarty2000, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve never had a problem with Hydro2lite, but I have had problems with Hydro2. Avi is right add distilled water in high temperature settings. Same with Hydro2, dilute more than manufacturer recommended. McKees may work better because it it more diluted.

Stop using Dawn as it leaves behind surfactants. CarPro Reset cleans and leaves nothing behind to interfere with Hydro2 bonding to the paint.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast