autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 or Meguiars D156

My regular wash on my 2014 Black Acura MDX consists of the 2 bucket method using either Mothers Car Wash or Meguiars Gold Class. During a period of several days of rain I will be using McKee's 37 N-14 diluted as a waterless wash. I have been using Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 as a drying aid/quick detailer but would like to know what everyone's thoughts are on substituting the V7 for Meguiars D156. Thanks.
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 or Meguiars D156

I like D156 a lot better than the CG V7. Never really liked V7. It was grabby when wiping off and I didn't think it added much shine. Shine and durability of D156 is out of this world. Easy to use too.

May I suggest trying the McKee's 37 Fast Wax too.

D156 and FastWax are my 2 favorite spray LSPs.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally like Hybrid V07, but don't use it anymore. Meguiars D156 is awesome to use as a drying aid. I am a huge user of Ultima Waterless Wash + as a drying aid and detail spray. Check with Nick @ McKee`s and see what his recommendations are on using the N-14 as a drying aid and suggested dilution.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

I had good experience with V7 and liked the "glow" BUT I would prefer 156 over it any day. It doesnt glow for me like V7 did but it lasts longer and is inexpensive too.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

I had used Meguiars D114 mainly on my wife's silver sienna a couple of years ago primarily as my waterless wash after it had rained and the car was still wet. Due to laziness I stopped and just started washing on weekends. Now, with her getting a black MDX and everything showing I want to try and stay ahead of the problems. But, having used Meguiars products for so long, and now I can't seem to find D114 again, McKee's 37 914 seemed to be a good substitute. I definitely want some gloss afterward which is why I was leaning toward the D156. The V7 for me has worked well for me as I actually have a fresh gallon but I am always interested in trying to improve the car's look while streamlining the process to as few steps as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinasFinestDetailing View Post
    I personally like Hybrid V07, but don't use it anymore. Meguiars D156 is awesome to use as a drying aid. I am a huge user of Ultima Waterless Wash + as a drying aid and detail spray. Check with Nick @ McKee`s and see what his recommendations are on using the N-14 as a drying aid and suggested dilution.

Post Thanks / Like

I would take D156 over V7 anyday. I bought a bottle of V7 when it was first released and hyped. I won't be picking anymore up after my bottle is done.

In my overall opinion D156 is such a superior product. Last longs, easier to use with no streaks even in direct sun, and smells better.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robwoodgto View Post
    I had used Meguiars D114 mainly on my wife's silver sienna a couple of years ago primarily as my waterless wash after it had rained and the car was still wet. Due to laziness I stopped and just started washing on weekends. Now, with her getting a black MDX and everything showing I want to try and stay ahead of the problems. But, having used Meguiars products for so long, and now I can't seem to find D114 again, McKee's 37 914 seemed to be a good substitute. I definitely want some gloss afterward which is why I was leaning toward the D156. The V7 for me has worked well for me as I actually have a fresh gallon but I am always interested in trying to improve the car's look while streamlining the process to as few steps as possible.
    Meguiar's D114 has indeed been discontinued and that's why you can't find it anywhere. I've seen a store who has it. I can give you the website if you'd like but I'd highly suggest you try McKee’s 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash instead. It takes what's good about D114 and elevated it. N-914 is the only product that's available that's a direct substitute to D114.

Here's my review on the N-914:
    Review: McKee's 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Meguiar's D114 has indeed been discontinued and that's why you can't find it anywhere. I've seen a store who has it. I can give you the website if you'd like but I'd highly suggest you try McKee’s 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash instead. It takes what's good about D114 and elevated it. N-914 is the only product that's available that's a direct substitute to D114.

Here's my review on the N-914:
    Review: McKee's 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash

I will be trying the N-14. Great review on it. I wish I had a toothpaste that could do everything as well.
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinasFinestDetailing View Post
    I am a huge user of Ultima Waterless Wash + as a drying aid
    Me too. I can't get over the feeling that using a "dedicated" Quick Detailer (eg. UQD) or Spray Wax (eg. UQW) as a Drying Aid is a waste of product. However, UWW+ as a QD is such a good value that I don't mind.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used both V7 and D156, and being that I work outside alot, D156 is much easier to use in direct sunlight. I believe it's even formulated to be able to work in direct sunlight if need be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast