autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 or Meguiars D156

I use Turbo Dryer and D156 after each wash.

I know D156 helps my LSP last longer and it requires very little time to apply.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Meguiar's D114 has indeed been discontinued and that's why you can't find it anywhere. I've seen a store who has it. I can give you the website if you'd like but I'd highly suggest you try McKee’s 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash instead. It takes what's good about D114 and elevated it. N-914 is the only product that's available that's a direct substitute to D114.

Here's my review on the N-914:
    Review: McKee's 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash
    Just for thoughts, why not use McKee's rinse free wash and wax? It seems to be priced comparatively and can be used as a quick detailer, which is what I am primarily looking for...a wash and a gloss. Also, it seems that it should be able to be used for all other purposes the N-914 can be used for except possibly the paint prep. What are your thoughts?
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robwoodgto View Post
    McKee's rinse free wash and wax?
    What are your thoughts?
    Out of these three choices:
    -Chemical Guys Hybrid V7
    -Meguiars D156
    -McKee's rinse free wash and wax

•Meguiar's D156.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Just for thoughts, why not use McKee's rinse free wash and wax? It seems to be priced comparatively and can be used as a quick detailer, which is what I am primarily looking for...a wash and a gloss. Also, it seems that it should be able to be used for all other purposes the N-914 can be used for except possibly the paint prep. What are your thoughts?
    Ron
    Hi Ron,

I suggested N-914 because you were looking for a D114 substitute. Both D114 and N-914 leaves nothing behind and that's what makes them unique. But if you're looking for something that's left behind then you have lots of options.

I think it's great you are wanting to leaving something behind. I don't have a lot of experience with the McKee's 37 Rinse Free Wash and Wax but if I were using that (or any other rinseless product that has wax), I'd still use a spray LSP such as D156 or the McKee's FastWax afterwards. I think a dedicated spray LSP like D156 has more durable polymers than the waxes included in rinseless washes.

Have you considered using a waterless wash? This product is pretty much a quick detailer on steroids so it would fit the bill. This is my personal favorite - Meguiars Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax D-115. This product IMO leaves some very good and durable protection. It leaves the paint shiny and slick. These LSP characteristics will always be there if you use this product once a week or every 2 weeks. Here's my review on this product: Review & How-To: Meguiar's D115 Rinsefree Express Wash and Wax

And here's an article I wrote where I use D156 spray wax after cleaning the car with D114: How To Keep Your Car Looking Its Best Using Alternative Ways To Traditional Washing

Hope this helps.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ron,

I suggested N-914 because you were looking for a D114 substitute. Both D114 and N-914 leaves nothing behind and that's what makes them unique. But if you're looking for something that's left behind then you have lots of options.

I think it's great you are wanting to leaving something behind. I don't have a lot of experience with the McKee's 37 Rinse Free Wash and Wax but if I were using that (or any other rinseless product that has wax), I'd still use a spray LSP such as D156 or the McKee's FastWax afterwards. I think a dedicated spray LSP like D156 has more durable polymers than the waxes included in rinseless washes.

Have you considered using a waterless wash? This product is pretty much a quick detailer on steroids so it would fit the bill. This is my personal favorite - Meguiars Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax D-115. This product IMO leaves some very good and durable protection. It leaves the paint shiny and slick. These LSP characteristics will always be there if you use this product once a week or every 2 weeks. Here's my review on this product: Review & How-To: Meguiar's D115 Rinsefree Express Wash and Wax

And here's an article I wrote where I use D156 spray wax after cleaning the car with D114: How To Keep Your Car Looking Its Best Using Alternative Ways To Traditional Washing

Hope this helps.
    Thanks Marc. I was looking at a D114 replacement, but then began pondering on the idea that if under a time constraint or wanted to reduce my time on a specific detail then a 1 step product that left a protectant would fit the bill, such as the D-115 or McKee's rinse free wash and wax. Using N-914 as a rinse free or water less then the D156 seems to me to be my 1st go to products, but when time constraint or just wanting to change things up every other cleaning then maybe going to Meguiars D115 or McKee's rinse free Wash and Wax would the next option. BTW, you have pretty much sold me on the viability of rinse free washing thanks to your excellent reviews. Thanks.
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Marc. I was looking at a D114 replacement, but then began pondering on the idea that if under a time constraint or wanted to reduce my time on a specific detail then a 1 step product that left a protectant would fit the bill, such as the D-115 or McKee's rinse free wash and wax. Using N-914 as a rinse free or water less then the D156 seems to me to be my 1st go to products, but when time constraint or just wanting to change things up every other cleaning then maybe going to Meguiars D115 or McKee's rinse free Wash and Wax would the next option. BTW, you have pretty much sold me on the viability of rinse free washing thanks to your excellent reviews. Thanks.
    Ron
    My pleasure Ron!! I'm glad my write-up helped you out. Please let us know how it goes and how you like the product you picked.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ron,

Hope this helps.
    I love my D115. I use it constantly at a 1:8 ratio in a spray bottle for a drying aid and a light waterless wash/quick detailer and a gallon lasts a LONG time, although I'm going to have to test a few things after I put the McKee's 37 Paint Coating on in a few weeks.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

I like D156 a lot, its my favorite drying aid/quick wax. I had gotten a gallon of V7 but stopped using it because I noticed it drastically changing my LSP beading properties. I like V7 looks on my boat (red polyflake gel coat) and I have been using it to seal my granite counters. I dont know if I will buy again as I prefer D156. Also love Prima Hydromax its just a ton more $ then D156. may get a boutique spray wax this summer for the boat and toy car.

Post Thanks / Like

I use onr and megs, had a gallon of v7 in my opinion total crap gave it away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12