autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Best method and towel to buff the haze of wax

Hi I applied Wolfgang paint sealant last week, I wait 20 minutes before buff out the haze with chinchilla microfiber(600gsm).It was hard to remove so I sprayed some detail spray on some spot. Today(after a week of raining i figure out some imperfection spot of unremoved haze of wax.
    What is the best way to remove dried haze of wax you guys do?
    I am planning to use lower gsm towel with detail spray, however I am worry about stratch the paint

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best method and towel to buff the haze of wax

A lower GSM towel will certainly help. I notice a big difference between 600 gsm Super Plush and 380 gsm Gold Plush towels. The 600 gsm towel "bunched up" easily and so lacked the "bite" to buff off the LSP.

Are you working in a shaded area? Direct sunlight might be causing the product to dry up and become difficult to remove.

Post Thanks / Like

There should be no issues in terms of ease in removing Wolfgang Paint Sealant. It should have been very easy to wipe off. Any quality MF towel should be fine. I would check to see if the product itself has something wrong, however, that would be very doubtful. I would just continue to do what you are doing to remove the haze. I would go back and see what was your technique in this whole process.

Wolfgang Paint Sealant is one of the best sealants out there and there should have been no issues. But again, I do not know what your process was. Either way, I hope things work out!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

If applied too heavily, it can be difficult to remove. A little goes along way. Be sure you are not applying it too heavily and use the "swipe" test to ensure it has dried completely.

Post Thanks / Like

I use my porter cable 7424xp and a re buff and shine uro-cell european foam pad and I can do my entire truck with approximately 10-12 pea size drops of WGDGPS (at most) That said, I find it that WGDGPS is much more difficult to use sparingly with a poly-foam applicator or microfiber applicator by hand and I always using twice as much product.

Assuming you did apply it thin & you allowed it to haze completely before removal. My favorite towel for wax removal is a 365gsm edgeless microfiber terry towel, if I was having a difficult time removing it I would probably use an edgeless 300gsm microfiber terry towel.

Post Thanks / Like

Towels that have looped fibers as opposed to split fibers.

I think Mike has an article somewhere around on it.

Post Thanks / Like

don't get too caught up in having a zillion different towels, buy a few dozen gold plush jr's 16x16 which will work just fine for just about anything...

Post Thanks / Like

If you are having problems removing wax or sealant you can use CarPro Eraser Intense Oil & Polish Cleanser 1 Liter Refill and then reapply the wax or sealant thinner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ichigo103 View Post
    Hi I applied Wolfgang paint sealant last week, I wait 20 minutes before buff out the haze with chinchilla microfiber(600gsm).It was hard to remove so I sprayed some detail spray on some spot. Today(after a week of raining i figure out some imperfection spot of unremoved haze of wax.
    What is the best way to remove dried haze of wax you guys do?
    I am planning to use lower gsm towel with detail spray, however I am worry about stratch the paint

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    it should be super easy to remove, I think you used to much product

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    I use my porter cable 7424xp and a re buff and shine uro-cell european foam pad and I can do my entire truck with approximately 10-12 pea size drops of WGDGPS (at most) That said, I find it that WGDGPS is much more difficult to use sparingly with a poly-foam applicator or microfiber applicator by hand and I always using twice as much product.

Assuming you did apply it thin & you allowed it to haze completely before removal. My favorite towel for wax removal is a 365gsm edgeless microfiber terry towel, if I was having a difficult time removing it I would probably use an edgeless 300gsm microfiber terry towel.
    they gotta start carrying edgeless towels around here, I just switched over and i have tons of the plush jr's so that means i really liked the edgeless

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast