autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will be working on a brand new 2017 GT350 in the early spring, light paint correction needed, what would you EXPERTS use?

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    If the paint is that soft I would stay away from IPA/water, there is no lubrication involved. Paint prep sprays are made to contain lubrication of some kind so you don't marr your perfectly polished paint right before you coat. I would definitely suggest Optimum paint prep as well, I just use Eraser since I stick with CarPro for coatings and because when I use non-coating LSP, I also use Eraser before application.
    This is what I thinking about doing after the correction:

-wash with N914 rinseless wash, applied in WW method, but at the 8:1 ratio

-apply the DP paint prep

-final wash using N914 as a traditional RW with 2 ounces per 4 gallons of water

At this point the car will be clean and corrected and in the garage, awaiting the paint coating the next day, thoughts?
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will be working on a brand new 2017 GT350 in the early spring, light paint correction needed, what would you EXPERTS use?

My Go to one step in Hyper Polish and wipe of the residue with Optimum Car Wash .
    Your friendly Optimum expert !!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Will be working on a brand new 2017 GT350 in the early spring, light paint correction needed, what would you EXPERTS use?

CarPro Essence PLUS

This is the only Essence that I see and after reading the description this isn't what were looking for either. I just don't see a regular correction product from CarPro, what am I missing here

Post Thanks / Like

Will be working on a brand new 2017 GT350 in the early spring, light paint correction needed, what would you EXPERTS use?

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Just remember to let Essence cure for 24 hours after you use it before you coat.
    Why is it that this is the 1st time I've ever heard anyone say this?
    Up until reading this, nearly every comment about Essence usually goes like "Oh I've never had a problem applying a coating over Essence, it works absolutely perfect".... Except when I tried it it worked like absolute crap.Will be working on a brand new 2017 GT350 in the early spring, light paint correction needed, what would you EXPERTS use?
    And now all of a sudden there's this 24hr. wait period prior to applying lsp over Essence??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

So.......

What does everyone think about M205 for correction here? Keep in mind that we are coating the vehicle after correction/paint prep polish.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    CarPro Essence PLUS

This is the only Essence that I see and after reading the description this isn't what were looking for either. I just don't see a regular correction product from CarPro, what am I missing here
    Was right under your nose

CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer 250 ml

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Why is it that this is the 1st time I've ever heard anyone say this?
    Up until reading this, nearly every comment about Essence usually goes like "Oh I've never had a problem applying a coating over Essence, it works absolutely perfect".... Except when I tried it it worked like absolute crap.Will be working on a brand new 2017 GT350 in the early spring, light paint correction needed, what would you EXPERTS use?
    And now all of a sudden there's this 24hr. wait period prior to applying lsp over Essence??

I posted that snapshot from Corey in your thread that I believe stated this.

So.......

What does everyone think about M205 for correction here? Keep in mind that we are coating the vehicle after correction/paint prep polish.

M205 would work fine as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he's looking for Carpro Reflect. It's their straight up polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I'm looking for pure correction only and a light correcting polish at that. I do appreciate all the other products but I want nothing but straight, clean and corrected paint when I'm done, leaving a great surface for the paint coating (Gloss Coat) to adhere to.

Right now I'm leaning towards M205 due to its long time rep here on AG. I bet it doesn't dust as much as 105 and if it's like my M101 I'll be happy because the level of dust with it is very minimal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I think he's looking for Carpro Reflect. It's their straight up polish.

That's been gone from AGO for quite sometime. Probably due to low sales. It does work pretty well.

Yes, I'm looking for pure correction only and a light correcting polish at that. I do appreciate all the other products but I want nothing but straight, clean and corrected paint when I'm done, leaving a great surface for the paint coating (Gloss Coat) to adhere to.

Right now I'm leaning towards M205 due to its long time rep here on AG. I bet it doesn't dust as much as 105 and if it's like my M101 I'll be happy because the level of dust with it is very minimal.

Any polish will work. M205 is pretty versatile in itself and you can find it locally as well. Optimum Hyper Polish is another one to consider. Made to work with Gloss Coat. Just as versatile as M205. You always have the option of ultimate polish which is also available locally.

I have never had dusting issues with M205. But it won't dust like M105.

Post Thanks / Like

I just did a dual test spot matchup between M205 and Griots Perfecting Cream.

M205 kicked the creams butt.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast