autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cleaning Polishing Pads? | Stop DAMAGING Your Most Expensive Investment | McKee's 37 Polishing Pad Cleaner Review

You are on the right track.

I use the Rejuvenator (or Snappy Clean) to soak the pads when I have a lot of pads to clean beforehand (I'm a serious procrastinator with cleaning pads because I hate it) and then use the McKee's 37 Polishing Pad Cleaner while cleaning each pad. When I only have a few pads to do then I just use McKee's 37 Polishing Pad Cleaner.

I find I use less McKee's 37 Polishing Pad Cleaner when the pads have been soaked in the Rejuvenator first as they come out almost clean after they are rinsed. Then a spray or two of the Polishing Pad Cleaner is usually enough to finish off cleaning the pad.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cleaning Polishing Pads? | Stop DAMAGING Your Most Expensive Investment | McKee's 37 Polishing Pad Cleaner Review

McKees RV AIO also stains pads. The sealant is very hard to get out, and Ive tried multiple pad solutions and APCs. These pads have been dedicated to AIO/camper use.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using Griot's microfiber and foam pad cleaner. I wonder what is different about their product that they represent it for both microfiber and foam pads?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post
    I've been using Griot's microfiber and foam pad cleaner. I wonder what is different about their product that they represent it for both microfiber and foam pads?

Lots do...McKee's says there's is good on mf pads as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Question, a while back I bought the bottle of this cleaner and just now received the 1 gallon size and the label identifies Polishing pad conditioner? Is it one in the same?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    Not every apc is created equal, the apcs you see for an amazing price point use cheaper and more harmful chemicals.

The apcs that are more expensive per gallon use higher quality ingredients that are less harmful on surfaces.

You saying that no residue is left behind, can you prove that in a scientific matter, or are you just assuming that all of the residue is gone because it doesnt foam anymore?

The chemist I spoke to explained to me that residue will still remain in the pad and will ALTER the feel of the pad.

Use a pad cleaner on a boss microfiber cutting pad and the apc you are talking about. And after you rinse/dry you will see a white residue that remains on the hairs of the microfiber pad.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I'm not quite sure how any APC will leave any significant residue in foam pads if they are rinsed well - since all APCs (and their ingredients) are 100 % water soluble. Dunno.

7. Likes jimhanus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    Lots do...McKee's says there's is good on mf pads as well.
    Correct, but I'm talking about foam.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by klix58 View Post
    Question, a while back I bought the bottle of this cleaner and just now received the 1 gallon size and the label identifies Polishing pad conditioner? Is it one in the same?
    Unless the bottle says cleaner and conditioner, different stuff. The conditioner isn't a cleaner.

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

BUMP THREAD...

Great information! I tried to read all 10 pages (Honest) but my ADHD started to kick in, if this was asked just ignore me people!

I have a Grit Guard Pad Washer, would the McKee's 37 Pad Spray directly on the pad + water in the Pad Washer work as well as a regular bucket with the McKee's 37 Pad Rejuvenate + McKee's 37 Pad Spray and scrubbing by hand?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910