autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: M205 with mf?

Post Thanks / Like

M205 with mf?

Has anyone had great success with using M205 along with megs finishing microfiber disc? How well do it Finish out?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: M205 with mf?

I love it!

Finishes beautifully. I used it on a white Land Rover Suv. It cut ridiculously fast, and left a great finish. My typical "one step" is M205, Ultimate Polish, or Rupes Keramik on Buff and Shine, Meguiar's or Rupes microfiber finishing pads.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't used M205 with a microfiber pad yet but now I want to
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

If you need a one step correction then it works fine depending on the hardness of the paint. On softer paints it can leave hazing behind due to the abrasives in the product and the fibers on the pad acting as an abrasive. M205 still tends to finishes out better on foam than on microfiber.

The D302 polish contains no abrasives so it will tend to finish out better than M205.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Post Thanks / Like

It's a great cutting Como but IMO it should to be followed with foam to finish out flawlessly...lots of variables though and it may be fine on some harder clears.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    If you need a one step correction then it works fine depending on the hardness of the paint. On softer paints it can leave hazing behind due to the abrasives in the product and the fibers on the pad acting as an abrasive. M205 still tends to finishes out better on foam than on microfiber.

The D302 polish contains no abrasives so it will tend to finish out better than M205.

What are you trying to accomplish?
    I do have D300 D301 and also D302 Only reason I ask is because I love microfiber pads and there cutting ability and just wanna see how many different combos I could use with them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krohnj94 View Post
    I do have D300 D301 and also D302 Only reason I ask is because I love microfiber pads and there cutting ability and just wanna see how many different combos I could use with them

For harder paints it works good for a one step. On softer paints it will haze and leave marring behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I love it!

Finishes beautifully. I used it on a white Land Rover Suv. It cut ridiculously fast, and left a great finish. My typical "one step" is M205, Ultimate Polish, or Rupes Keramik on Buff and Shine, Meguiar's or Rupes microfiber finishing pads.
    I havent used mf finishing pads much, just Rupes ones once. Is there much difference between bns, rupes and megs mf finishing in terms of cutting and finishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joel1979 View Post
    I havent used mf finishing pads much, just Rupes ones once. Is there much difference between bns, rupes and megs mf finishing in terms of cutting and finishing?
    Yes, absolutely. The Meguiar's mf is more aggressive than either of the B&S, or Rupes. The B&S is probably going to be the best finisher of all of them only because of the soft backing. The Rupes had a harder backing, but extremely fine fibers.

The Rupes pads are my favorite though. I have the most seat time with them, and consider them to be the most versatile as far as their cut to finish ratio.

Consider that the Megs mf was designed to give a very gentle finishing wax some cut, and that the Rupes was designed to work with a fine abrasive Polish. The B&S was designed to be used universally, with a variety of products.