autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax on glass okay?

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    To play devil's advocate, isn't that how most of the stuff we buy on here is marketed/hyped?

Totally agree with what you say about how technique > all. I'm still new to rinseless washes, and last weekend did the RW that felt the best of any I'd done yet. I'm reluctant to say it was the wash in the bucket that made it so; I think it was just that this round I really focused on technique.
    Nice! I bet you were like:

What was the product? Multi media or single?

When I do single, I go heavy, and I mean HEAVY. Pulled out towel and let it slobber all over the panel... You want lubricity? Here it is. Liquid mess be damned. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I've been using the big red sponge more almost a year and never had a problem with smearing, scratching or marring. Also never had an issue with it at it's standard dilution ratio. Same can be said for D114 and N-914 which has a similar dilution ratio.
    Like all products proper use is key. So I agree with you there.
    It's not the sponge itself, for sake of this conversation.
    Most of the demonstration videos I see by Optimum Technologies, and users of ONR and the sponge that post videos, typically implement horrible technique and approach.
    So, take bad technique, throw in a gigantic sponge, an under concentrated product, and a filthy dirty car, and you have the potential for all kinds of problems, especially for someone new to detailing and rinseless wash products.
    Optimum markets their products to consumers, with quantity over quality in mind.
    They just want to sell their product, not build the detail industry.

In regards to your experience with the product.
    You are an experienced detailer who takes care of your vehicles properly, and keeps them protected on a regular basis.
    ONR, the sponge, and manufacture dilution ratios can easily work on vehicles that are already clean, coated, sealed, and waxed.
    So, your vehicles, would not represent the masses, because you do such a good job with them.

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalNoodle View Post

The BRS is one of those products that's either, or. I don't think there's a middle ground with this one; you either love it or hate it. I'm in the latter camp.
    I am not a fan of sponges on paint and clear coat.
    In this case, as I stated previously. it has more to do with the demonstrations in social media regarding ONR and the sponge.
    Bad technique is bad enough with microfiber towels and the damage that can result.
    With a sponge, and a gigantic one at that, this only makes the problem worse.

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    To play devil's advocate, isn't that how most of the stuff we buy on here is marketed/hyped?
    Yes.... and no.
    AutoGeek, and specifically Mike Philips, have some great written and video tutorials on how to properly use rinseless and waterless wash products.
    Jason Rose, formerly with Meguiars for decades, always properly demonstrated the correct way to use rinseless and waterless wash products.
    This adds much credibility to the respective businesses they represent.

Marketing is what it is.
    Consumers will always have to weed through fact and fiction with products in any industry.
    I think the natural approach for anyone selling a product is to suggest their product is the superior choice, for whatever reason.
    Could be performance, could be price point, could be that the market is so large there is room for one more to join the party.

In the case of Optimum Technologies, they have a blatant disregard for the professional detailer in the way they represent the function of their products.
    They insult the intelligence of both the professional detailer, and their own target consumer.

Regular Member steelwindmachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you think Optimum insults their customers' intelligence?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

You're making it seem like the majority of professionals are incapable of seeing past marketing and advertising and before reading your post we were all completely unaware that the products/techniques Optimum Polymer Technologies promotes on social media should be taken with a grain of salt. You're the one insulting professionals and consumers for assuming we've been getting the wool pulled over our eyes this entire time. Their products have been used successfully by professional detailers and enthusiasts around the world without issue. There's always more than one way to skin a cat.

Regular Member steelwindmachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread isn't going down a productive path. I got my original answer. ONRWS would be less problematic for use on glass from what I have come to understand. Coatings are great and help minimize the impact of the elements on the clear coat and paint while also contributing to a less intensive or aggressive washing method at a higher upfront cost than using traditional waxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345