autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Regular Member steelwindmachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax on glass okay?

Is the "wax" component of the ONRWW rendered at all redundant by the application of Opti-seal?

Post Thanks / Like

Opti-Seal will migrate under the wax. Not to mention the solvents within opti-seal. They may potentially remove the wax left behind ONRWW.

Post Thanks / Like

So are you saying it'd be more wise to use ONRS + Opti-seal so as to avoid a counterproductive interaction?

...and a Spray wax afterwards might not be necessary for keeping up the integrity of the original wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Get the car coated then no LSP maintenance is needed.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not ready to commit to the cost and inherent maintenance of a coating just yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steelwindmachine View Post
    what I was hoping to accomplish by using the ONRWW was to not have to chase it with a dedicated spray wax.

I'm hoping I could just wash with the ONRWW, then dry with the Opti-seal and be done.
    Use one of the sealants that last 3 to 6 months and no need to chase with a spray wax. People here are obsessed and OCD, hence top everything and chase with spray waxes. Get a good sealant and you are good to go.

Post Thanks / Like

So are you saying it'd be more wise to use ONRS + Opti-seal so as to avoid a counterproductive interaction?

...and a Spray wax afterwards might not be necessary for keeping up the integrity of the original wax?
    Opti-Seal is a sealant. You are essentially using this as a spray wax. There was a facebook live video the other day where Yvan of optimum mentioned that using opti-seal as a drying aid will remove the previous layer of opti-seal due to the solvents in the product.

He and Dann Williams went on to mention that ONR (blue) is great for the detailer especially if a paint correction and coating is going to take place as the product does not contain a wax. For maintenance washes they would use the wax version.

It is all personal preference.

I'm not ready to commit to the cost and inherent maintenance of a coating just yet.
    By the way Gloss Coat is easy to maintain. All you need to do is wash it. It requires no toppers. Many still use ONR and opti-seal as a drying aid even though opti seal is not needed.

Post Thanks / Like

To me, it seems counter-productive to wash and by utilizing the Opti-seal as a drying aid, removing previous applications of the Opti-seal.

My intention is to leave whatever good protection is already on the paint (wax, sealant), wash off the debris and leave a nice finish (by virtue of additional wax in ONRWW).

Maybe I won't need a drying aid.

I was quoted $450 for a 1-step polish/detail + Optimum Gloss Coat application for my '14 Kia Sorento. I'll maybe give it some more serious consideration.

Post Thanks / Like

To me, it seems counter-productive to wash and by utilizing the Opti-seal as a drying aid, removing previous applications of the Opti-seal.

My intention is to leave whatever good protection is already on the paint (wax, sealant), wash off the debris and leave a nice finish (by virtue of additional wax in ONRWW).

Maybe I won't need a drying aid.

I was quoted $450 for a 1-step polish/detail + Optimum Gloss Coat application for my '14 Kia Sorento. I'll maybe give it some more serious consideration.
    There's no need to use the OS after every wash, once a month or out to 6 weeks is the plan I use on my moms car. Then of coarse you have the easiest option which is to apply a sealant,wash and reapply the sealant when you see the performance degrading. ONRWW,ONR, Opti Seal and spray wax are all easy products to use so don't get buried with options.

Post Thanks / Like

After the car is coated there is virtually no maintenance, just the occasional iron decon and claying. Then all you need is ONR for washing that's it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast