autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tips for cleaning around rear badges

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalNoodle View Post
    I'm a big fan of OEM look. Badges are fine, just don't like when some dealership sticks their cheesy dealer decal/cheap plastic chrome plaque on the vehicle.
    This.^

If I were to ever buy a car off a lot and it had 1 of their dealer badges on it I'd tell em "I ain't buying the car unless you take that stupid badge off" lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I use my Tornador first and then a small soft brush.
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    This.^

If I were to ever buy a car off a lot and it had 1 of their dealer badges on it I'd tell em "I ain't buying the car unless you take that stupid badge off" lol.

Agreed, but in my case I differ. My dealer (Mullen Motors, Southold, NY) puts a very small decal of theirs on the rear of each car. (On my Ram, it's lower left on the tailgate in black. Barely noticeable).

Out here on the tip of the island, the Mullen badge is kind of a badge of honor.

Dealer has been in business since the '30's, and has been awarded the Chrysler 5 star rating for about 37 years running. So, I have no problem sporting their little 4" decal.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Agreed, but in my case I differ. My dealer (Mullen Motors, Southold, NY) puts a very small decal of theirs on the rear of each car. (On my Ram, it's lower left on the tailgate in black. Barely noticeable).

Out here on the tip of the island, the Mullen badge is kind of a badge of honor.

Dealer has been in business since the '30's, and has been awarded the Chrysler 5 star rating for about 37 years running. So, I have no problem sporting their little 4" decal.
    Sort of sounds like what Massey Cadillac in Downey CA used to be like... A few years ago I believe they held the honor of being known for selling the highest volume of new Cadillacs in LA county year after year, plus they were a longtime custom coach builder for Cadillac, so if a Caddy had a Massey badge on it, you automatically knew it had something custom built for it and was therefore 1 of a kind.

I once bought a beater Eldorado and instead of going with the cheap looking dealer plates the unknown place provided me, I drove down to Massey and asked for some of their black & chrome dealer plates just cuz. Lol.

Unfortunately Massey Cadillac is now known as Casa De Gonzalez Cadillac. Lord only knows what happened, but they sure cheapened the once high prestige with that name. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Sort of sounds like what Massey Cadillac in Downey CA used to be like... A few years ago I believe they held the honor of being known for selling the highest volume of new Cadillacs in LA county year after year, plus they were a longtime custom coach builder for Cadillac, so if a Caddy had a Massey badge on it, you automatically knew it had something custom built for it and was therefore 1 of a kind.

I once bought a beater Eldorado and instead of going with the cheap looking dealer plates the unknown place provided me, I drove down to Massey and asked for some of their black & chrome dealer plates just cuz. Lol.

Unfortunately Massey Cadillac is now known as Casa De Gonzalez Cadillac. Lord only knows what happened, but they sure cheapened the once high prestige with that name. Lol.

That sucks.

Mullen was started by Richard Mullen, taken over by his son, RM II, (my first boss as I worked there as a kid briefly), and is now run by his two sons. RM III, and Bill Mullen (same age as me).

Something to be said for a small town sometimes. Google them one day if you have a few minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

I once bought a beater Eldorado
    My first beater was a '76 Maverick ($300). First two-wheel beater was '81 GPZ550 (also $300!).

Sorry for taking this way off-top, but damn it you gents sure got me going nostalgia.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalNoodle View Post
    My first beater was a '76 Maverick ($300). First two-wheel beater was '81 GPZ550 (also $300!).

Sorry for taking this way off-top, but damn it you gents sure got me going nostalgia.
    How'd you clean the rear badges of the Maverick?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123