autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know of a medium and or light polish compound for use in the sun?

I used to use Poor boys but AG doesn't sell the one I used to use, SSR1 and SSR2. Anyway, is there another compound that can remove light swirls and can be used in the sun? I like the SSR2 because even though it was a medium polish, it would still finish out as a fine. It used the abrasives that break down fiber and finer, I can't think of the name. Plus the polishes were low dusting, lowest or one of the lowest I've used.

Looking for opinions here...

Basically need a Polish that goes from a medium to fine by itself and that can take out dirt marring/swirling.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone know of a medium and or light polish compound for use in the sun?

I've used HD products in the sun with very good results. Cut and Polish specifically.

Post Thanks / Like

I use everything in the sun, megs 105/205, mckees fast compound/polish griots fast correcting cream. All work great just keep the areas small like 16x16 and I've not seen any major issues or difference

Sent from my Pixel using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much today anything will work outdoors except 105.Blackfire and McKees products are a start.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    I used to use Poor boys but AG doesn't sell the one I used to use, SSR1 and SSR2. Anyway, is there another compound that can remove light swirls and can be used in the sun? I like the SSR2 because even though it was a medium polish, it would still finish out as a fine. It used the abrasives that break down fiber and finer, I can't think of the name. Plus the polishes were low dusting, lowest or one of the lowest I've used.

Looking for opinions here...

Basically need a Polish that goes from a medium to fine by itself and that can take out dirt marring/swirling.
    Yes poor boys stuff was great and that's all I ever used back in 2004 2007.But they reformulated alot of there stuff and it just wasn't the same.

Post Thanks / Like

There qd was good as gold.you can take a trashed swirled out mess of a car and that stuff would fill in everything and super easy to remove.That too was reformulated.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear... I have a little bit of SSR1 and SSR2 left, then it's on to something new.

Post Thanks / Like

Mckee's compound. Not designed specifically for sun, but will work fine (from personal experience) w/maybe just shrinking your work area. It also falls under the mild to light compound category.

I've heard HD Cut is a really good option for working in the. It is a little more aggressive than Mckee's 37, more in that typical compound area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rod73 View Post
    Mckee's compound. Not designed specifically for sun, but will work fine (from personal experience) w/maybe just shrinking your work area. It also falls under the mild to light compound category.

I've heard HD Cut is a really good option for working in the. It is a little more aggressive than Mckee's 37, more in that typical compound area.
    Are you talking about this 1?

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to avoid polishing in the sun at all costs. Heat will cause the paint to swell which will cause marring issues. Use a canopy at least.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast