autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Need advise using Wolfgang Sealant

Hi folks, today I received a bottle of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant but I'm not sure of how to use it right. Right now my car has a coat of Megs NXT and I would like to know if I can use Wolfgang Sealant on top of it or if I should remove NXT before applying the sealant, also I would like to know the correct technique to apply it... please help!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd strip off the NXT with a polish or a paint cleaner. Then you can either apply the Wolfgang DGPS by hand with a MF or foam applicator or with the PC with a finishing pad. Either way will work and both are very very easy. Let it set up for 45 mins or so and then remove with a MF towel, again very easy to use .

Post Thanks / Like
    Like budman3 said strip NXT then apply WG either way. Very very easy to use.

Post Thanks / Like

gary26

Don't forget to let it cure for 12-24 hours before applying wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanx for your replies, just one question: Do you think it would be a good idea to top Wolfgang with a Carnauba Wax? I only have Megs GC and Megs Carnauba Wax #3 step or even NXT?

Post Thanks / Like
    You can ... but WGDGPS already looks like a carnauba, especially on black, so the only benefit would probably be the addition of slickness. I would NOT top with GC or NXT because they are cleaner waxes and will strip away the Wolfgang. I'm not sure if the other Meg's is a cleaner or not ... but I'd just leave it be if those are your choices, Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by budman3 View Post
    You can ... but WGDGPS already looks like a carnauba, especially on black, so the only benefit would probably be the addition of slickness. I would NOT top with GC or NXT because they are cleaner waxes and will strip away the Wolfgang. I'm not sure if the other Meg's is a cleaner or not ... but I'd just leave it be if those are your choices, Good luck.
    Thanx! then I'll just use the WG sealant... easier

Post Thanks / Like
    Well today I polished my black car with Menz PO85RD and Megs finishing pad just to remove minor swirls and then toped it with WGDGPS, let it dry for about 45 min. then removed it with a MF towel. I really like the gloss and slickness. But I don't know if I can continue to use Mothers Reflections Spray Wax every wash to preserve gloss and slickness or if this spray wax will strip off the WG sealant... anyone knows?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonifax View Post
    I really like the gloss and slickness. But I don't know if I can continue to use Mothers Reflections Spray Wax every wash to preserve gloss and slickness or if this spray wax will strip off the WG sealant... anyone knows?
    The Mothers Reflections Spray Wax does not contain any cleaners. It is also a synthetic wax, so there should be no issues with applying it to your favorite synthetic wax.
    Detail_Guy

Post Thanks / Like
    That's good news!!! I really like to apply Reflections spray wax after washing to leave a super gloss look, thanx!