autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Ech2o vs Uber... Same or different

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    For those of you using Ech20 with Reload after washing, what's the reasoning for this vs. using Reload alone? Cost? Or are you getting a better result with Ech20 at QD dilution with some Reload added? What ratio of Ech20 QD to Reload?
    The benefit is you combine steps to some degree. The benefit of the added gloss from Ech2o, with the added protection of reload. The look is just amazing. I have some Gyeon Cure to try in the mix and check the results, if it ever stops raining.
    The mix tip came from Car Pro themselves. The mixture I use is that seems to work well for me is 1 to 20. My sprayer is 48oz so I add 2 oz ech2o, 2 oz reload, and top off the sprayer with distilled water. I have found it works best for me at the leanest dilution rates. I suggest trying it full on, or in the middle and go from there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Saves time, one step. 2:20 Ech2o and 2 oz. Reload. BTW I use this as a waterless wash, not after a wash, although you could use it as a QD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
    The benefit is you combine steps to some degree. The benefit of the added gloss from Ech2o, with the added protection of reload. The look is just amazing. I have some Gyeon Cure to try in the mix and check the results, if it ever stops raining.
    The mix tip came from Car Pro themselves. The mixture I use is that seems to work well for me is 1 to 20. My sprayer is 48oz so I add 2 oz ech2o, 2 oz reload, and top off the sprayer with distilled water. I have found it works best for me at the leanest dilution rates. I suggest trying it full on, or in the middle and go from there.
    Will give this a try. Let us know how Gyeon prep works. Rumors about Gyeon Cure and Reload being the same product. I have Gyeon Prep and Eraser - they seem like the same product to me.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theblob640 View Post
    How will this affect the absorbency of the MF towels or just the towels in general, since this product has SiO2 in it?
    It won't. Just like with Reload straight up your towels will dry soft and the product will wash out in the laundry.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DARK HORSE View Post
    Ech2o will not have any adverse affects on towels, just wash as you normally would.
    Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    I thought of this also and for 3 months have used the same towels to check if the towels will be affected. I haven't seen any signs of degrading or change of towel charecteristics, full disclosure I wash the towels right after use just like I've done with other rinseless products
    Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    It won't. Just like with Reload straight up your towels will dry soft and the product will wash out in the laundry.
    Thanks for the responses. Reason I ask is because lately, I've noticed a lot of my MF towels have not been absorbing (if any absorption at all) or removing product effectively, even after washes and adding more MF detergent concentrate (Blackfire). It seems to just smear residuals around instead of removing them. Also, the other concern was since SiO2 is in CQuartz, I thought it would harden on the towels as well.

Post Thanks / Like

My towels do that as well but they were doing that before I used anything with SI02. Once mine reach this point I get new ones and dedicate the bad ones to wheels only and toss or let my kids have them

Sent from my Pixel using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Due to the encapsulating agents, sealant agents in your magic mixes....and the comments re: towels.

If I'm applying spray sealants, I generally already have a small bucket with water and APC on deck.
    I toss my MF in them as I work the panels and swap towels, just to mitigate products , etc on the towels.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123