autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aggravated

Post Thanks / Like

Aggravated

I'll be brief. I was cleaning up my ride yesterday and low and behold a " new chip" was found DAMN. Not on the nose caused by following someone to close, but on the side. How the side you say, from being passed for driving to slow. My wife always says that I drive to slow. Aggravating.

Share your aggravating stories.

I love ONR by the way.

Thanks Steve
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

Aggravated

A couple weeks ago I caused the chrome film on 1 of the letters of the Sorento emblem to lift up/bubble while I was going at it with a Mothers Detailing Brush and some D114. It's just 1 letter and not really noticeable, but I could've been using a softer brush since it wasn't even really dirty...

On my daily driver there's so many things I've accidentally messed up but most of the time I don't really get too bothered when they happen.
    -Accidentally caused a big hole to open up on my center console with my stramer
    -Opened up a gash on my leather steering wheel when cleaning it [this 1 sort of bugs me]
    -Blew the centerpiece of the emblem on my roof off while air drying it
    -caused a 4 inch scratch on the bottom of my rocker panel when I picked up a small rock while claying
    -caused a nice paint chip when I was inserting the fuel pump and somehow missed the gas hole by about an entire foot to the right of it. [no I wasn't drunk. Lol]

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aggravated

But as long as we learn and don't repeat our mistakes, especially on a customers car.
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

Kicked up an acorn while cutting the front yard.....put a lovely ding in the side of my truck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Kicked up an acorn while cutting the front yard.....put a lovely ding in the side of my truck
    That sucks especially since you really can't avoid 100's of acorns or even see them. Bet you park your car away from the mower now. Don't worry I've done worse. See below.

Was mowing the lawn at my parent's when I was younger. Was 10-15 ft from my mom's Cadillac and decided that I was too lazy to pick up the bright yellow tennis ball laying directly in front of mower, figured the blades would just chop it into 100 pieces. No such luck, it was perfect slow motion, tennis ball discharged at ~50mph and hit directly above rt frt wheel. Left a nice tennis ball size dent. I felt so stupid and said it was an accident.
    I think the ball didn't even get cut from the mower blade.

I've seen a car window and storm door glass shattered by mowers in the last 12 months neither were mine thankfully.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    A couple weeks ago I caused the chrome film on 1 of the letters of the Sorento emblem to lift up/bubble while I was going at it with a Mothers Detailing Brush and some D114. It's just 1 letter and not really noticeable, but I could've been using a softer brush since it wasn't even really dirty...

On my daily driver there's so many things I've accidentally messed up but most of the time I don't really get too bothered when they happen.
    -Accidentally caused a big hole to open up on my center console with my stramer
    -Opened up a gash on my leather steering wheel when cleaning it [this 1 sort of bugs me]
    -Blew the centerpiece of the emblem on my roof off while air drying it
    -caused a 4 inch scratch on the bottom of my rocker panel when I picked up a small rock while claying
    -caused a nice paint chip when I was inserting the fuel pump and somehow missed the gas hole by about an entire foot to the right of it. [no I wasn't drunk. Lol]

Sent from my iPhone
    Note to self, Eldorado is not allowed to come within arms/blower reach of any of my vehicles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    Note to self, Eldorado is not allowed to come within arms/blower reach of any of my vehicles
    Hey I've never messed up anything on anyone else's vehicle!Aggravatedlol.

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

I get the award for dumbest application of an untrained technique. I decided that plastic plate screw would be a good idea to use on my Sienna's rear plate. When taking off the plate to change tabs I broke the head off said plastic plate screw. I decided to heat up the threaded portion and just melt it. Using the heat gun I started to melt the plate screw and the plastic trim above the plate. Luckily I noticed it before it started to completely droop but I did compromise the plastic. Can't see it unless looking for it. 5-10 more seconds and the paint and plastic would have been complete goo. I'm a dumba$$

Post Thanks / Like

Down here in Tampa the city likes the decorative look of sidewalk trash receptacles to be enclosed in seashells epoxied to square metal containers. My son accidently opened his passenger side door SMACK into one. Not only a sizable ding but 4 chips within the ding!!! DOH!!!

I had a good PDR guy get the ding out and then good ole Dr. Colorchip'ed the dings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DogRescuer View Post
    Not on the nose caused by following someone to close, but on the side. How the side you say, from being passed for driving to slow. My wife always says that I drive to slow. Aggravating.
    No one can ever accuse me of driving too slow, thus no chips on the sides
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.