autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

uber or finial inspection for residue removal

do you guys use anything like uber or finial inspection to remove stubborn compound or polish residue? im getting a lot of splotches this time i just dont want to use anything that might hide defects

Post Thanks / Like

Re: uber or finial inspection for residue removal

If I had both on hand I'd choose Final Inspection.. But if all I had was Wolfgang Uber there's certainly nothing wrong with using it for that task. It's not going to hide any defects or anything. You're good.uber or finial inspection for residue removal

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    do you guys use anything like uber or finial inspection to remove stubborn compound or polish residue? im getting a lot of splotches this time i just dont want to use anything that might hide defects
    You want to use a product that leaves nothing behind(uber does)). Wolfgang Perfekt Prep is very good and so is Optimum Paint Prep(less expensive). Final Inspection would be good, too.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Also, If you have a Metro Sidekick it's good to have it nearby in order to blow the majority of the compound dust off the car before going at it with a spray & towel.

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    If I had both on hand I'd choose Final Inspection.. But if all I had was Wolfgang Uber there's certainly nothing wrong with using it for that task. It's not going to hide any defects or anything. You're good.uber or finial inspection for residue removal

Sent from my iPhone
    ok cool i have both

Post Thanks / Like

Also, If you have a Metro Sidekick it's good to have it nearby in order to blow the majority of the compound dust off the car before going at it with a spray & towel.

Sent from my iPhone
    i dont have that but i have a compressor with an attachment. you should see it bro its coming out unbelievable. its going to take the whole weekend but this is the first time its going to have what i would call a "show car finish" or at least something close to it. im using the g15 with 5" pads and i got the gg6 set up with 3" pads. it has good power when you set it up like that

Post Thanks / Like

i dont have that but i have a compressor with an attachment. you should see it bro its coming out unbelievable. its going to take the whole weekend but this is the first time its going to have what i would call a "show car finish" or at least something close to it. im using the g15 with 5" pads and i got the gg6 set up with 3" pads. it has good power when you set it up like that
    You got your G15 shipped pretty fast... What's the deal with you and pictures? You have a smartphone right? Download Tapatalk app and you can post full size pics straight from your camera roll. It's so simple even I can do it!uber or finial inspection for residue removal

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

You got your G15 shipped pretty fast... What's the deal with you and pictures? You have a smartphone right? Download Tapatalk app and you can post full size pics straight from your camera roll. It's so simple even I can do it!uber or finial inspection for residue removal

Sent from my iPhone
    no i dont have a smartphone right now i have a free phone that uses minutes. i got three more months on it then ill buy another smart phone maybe sooner. the g5 is nice the innerflex pad makes it easy to work on contoured panels. it spins a hell of a lot better then without it even on flat panels. i used a white paint marker to put a couple lines on the backing plate ive been paying attention to how it spins.

Post Thanks / Like

uber or finial inspection for residue removal

no i dont have a smartphone right now i have a free phone that uses minutes.
    You've got 1 of those Jitterbug flip phones with buttons the size of Tums?? Holy cow what's up with you? Lmao.uber or finial inspection for residue removal

Sent from my iPhone