autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polished vehicle not noticed!

My neighbor always tells me when she see a car I detail around town how great it looks. She keeps telling me that she wants me to detail her vehicle. Only problem she wants to make arrangements. Her reputation is pypayment is made in favors. My wife would not approve. My other neighbor lets me detail his pickup I make arrangements with him as he is a mechanic and he repairs our cars based on me buying parts at discounted prices and he takes care of the labor. That works for me. He always compliments and recommends me for his customers. I have him make the arrangement for payment and I use his shop and he pays me a fair price for the work I do

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    I trimmed all my body hair by, at least 75%, and my wife hasn't noticed!
    I hope your girlfriend noticed lol
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of my customers come to my shop and say they heard about how we make paint shine and want us to detail their car.
    I go outside my office to look at it only to see the paint is a wreck, I have to point it out to them.
    In most cases their shocked and want it corrected.
    They have no idea.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eandras View Post
    My neighbor always tells me when she see a car I detail around town how great it looks. She keeps telling me that she wants me to detail her vehicle. Only problem she wants to make arrangements. Her reputation is pypayment is made in favors. My wife would not approve. My other neighbor lets me detail his pickup I make arrangements with him as he is a mechanic and he repairs our cars based on me buying parts at discounted prices and he takes care of the labor. That works for me. He always compliments and recommends me for his customers. I have him make the arrangement for payment and I use his shop and he pays me a fair price for the work I do
    For years, my neighbor would maintain my lawn in exchange for car washes. I was also able to do a LOT of experimentation of products and processes on his cars.

A few others tried to get in on the exchange, but I had to charge them. The other great thing about my neighborhood is that there are six drummers (like myself) in twelve houses.

Post Thanks / Like

This past weekend I went to the Mecum auto auction in Kissimmee, FL and I would say about 98% of the 3,000 cars for auction have tons of swirls and various paint defects. The "detailers" there didn't help at all, they were using 303 Speed Detailer or Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer with two dirty rags and doing multiple vehicles. The few owners that really cared for the paint were the ones that I seen doing their own detailing with multiple products and clean towels. It was pretty shocking to me, but that was my first big auction I've been to.

Post Thanks / Like

As others have mentioned, sadly it's the norm. Even at enthusiast event like Cars and Coffee or car shows, you'll see paint that is neglected and mistreated. Last spring, I was driving to work and witnessed a guy with a brand new Sakhir Yellow M3 paying to put his car through a tunnel-o-swirls car wash. I wanted to yell out my window, "DON'T DO IT" as I drove by. Sad part of the story is this place has a touchless wash in the in the bay right next to the swirl creating one.

Car ownership isn't what is used to be. I'd be willing to bet 99% of the population view their car no differently than they do their refrigerator or dishwasher. It's simply an appliance, and they couldn't care less how it looks or how it drives.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 58LesPaul View Post
    I guess I'm fortunate. I detailed my parents Rav4 and they can't stop talking about how good it looks. My mother-in-law and her aunt noticed my wife's Rav4 and they mention how great it looks and want me to do theirs also.

Of course I spent about 7 hours at my parents house detailing their car so they know how much work I put into it.
    Agree, if they see the time spent on their car, they will mention it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Car ownership isn't what is used to be. I'd be willing to bet 99% of the population view their car no differently than they do their refrigerator or dishwasher. It's simply an appliance, and they couldn't care less how it looks or how it drives.
    There is so much truth to this right here.

People don't take pride in their cars anymore. They are just a means to an end and when they hit the end of their lease, they trade it in. Rinse, repeat.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO:

•This scenario of yours can be best
    described as one that falls into the
    realm of: Phenomenon(s).

•Being so:
    -Then it's time to enlist the steps of
    "The Phenomenological Method".
    -After all:
    The goal of any phenomenological
    exploration is recognition.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Most people don't even notice when you wash a car, let alone when it's been properly detailed and corrected.
    Just do it for your own enjoyment
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast