autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Glaze and sealant query...

Hi all,

Just a quick one re a specific product.

Poor boys black hole..

i bought some... I have to admit the results are truely stunning.

i used two layers one after the other and then did my usual with two layers of the wonderful jet seal 109.

my questions are a) how long do you suspect it will last, wash the car every 2/3 weeks max.
    b) would you really top up a glaze over a sealant?

Also, on a side note what do you guys/girls think is better v38 by chemguys or Mezerna 3800 plus?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glaze and sealant query...

Poorboy's Blackhole is some pretty good stuff. I would not top a Glaze over a sealant. I am not a fan of any Chemical Guys products and I would pick Menzerna SF3800 (used to be SF4500) ALL DAY over V38. I have used the Chemical Guys V products 1 time and never again. Sorry for the bashing of Chemical Guys, however, IMO there are many better QUALITY brands than Chemical Guys.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    Poorboy's Blackhole is some pretty good stuff. I would not top a Glaze over a sealant. I am not a fan of any Chemical Guys products and I would pick Menzerna SF3800 (used to be SF4500) ALL DAY over V38. I have used the Chemical Guys V products 1 time and never again. Sorry for the bashing of Chemical Guys, however, IMO there are many better QUALITY brands than Chemical Guys.
    I'm really curious about the cut and finish of V32,36 and 38 but everyone here almost always has nothing good to say about it along with AG dropping the line, but noone ever gives any detail, please elaborate what you didn't like about it as everytime I asked noone responded.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jmbrown415 View Post

my questions are a) how long do you suspect it will last, wash the car every 2/3 weeks max.

Also, on a side note what do you guys/girls think is better v38 by chemguys or Mezerna 3800 plus?
    I'm not familiar with the durability of Jet Seal, but the Black Hole shouldn't have any negative effect. Black Hole and some other glazes like Prima Amigo, are designed to have a sealant or a wax applied over the top. I've topped both with Collinite 845 and still managed 5~6 months of durability, which is the same as when I apply it to freshly polished paint with no glaze.

I would not top a selant with a glaze. If you want to make your LSP look better between applications, I'd hit it with a spray wax.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Despite I'm not fan of BH at all I can confirm it doesn't reduce the durability of Menzerna PL, Duragloss 105, or Collis 845 and 915 over it.

Post Thanks / Like

Problem with v38 is it's not very good compared to other things on the market.

Starting using menzerna 3800 now and the results are jaw dropping.

I find when using a compound you have to use v38 at least twice to get ride of marring and haze.

With menzerna 3800 you only need to use it once, also I find it really gets rid of quite a few lighter defects i.e. Swirls as it has a little cut. V38 just doesn't do that.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,

Just a quick one re a specific product.

Poor boys black hole..

i bought some... I have to admit the results are truely stunning.

i used two layers one after the other and then did my usual with two layers of the wonderful jet seal 109.

OK first off: PBs BH is known for quality, a very good Glaze then you used Jet Seal as an LSP,
    which is not known for it's longevity at a top shelf price point.
    If you like JetSeal use it. While you look for better. PBs & BriteMax are half the price and last much longer. BlackFire 1 of the best but more $$

a) Most likely wear/wash off 2/3 weeks. I'd Glaze & Seal again after a wash.
    b) top up a glaze over that sealant (109) and only if you seal or wax it in.

V38 is water based, very light polish, lower quality. Easier to work with, clean-up wise. Starter grade.
    Menzerna not water based, Pro quality, Easy to work with but clean-up is not. Because of this I don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    I'm really curious about the cut and finish of V32,36 and 38 but everyone here almost always has nothing good to say about it along with AG dropping the line, but noone ever gives any detail, please elaborate what you didn't like about it as everytime I asked noone responded.
    When I used them, it seemed like nothing was happening. V32 hardly cut just polished, plus alot of dust. Short working time. Vs36/38 same,
    Vs32/34 same, can't tell the diff.

Problem with v38 is it's not very good compared to other things on the market.

Starting using menzerna 3800 now and the results are jaw dropping.

I find when using a compound you have to use v38 at least twice to get ride of marring and haze.

With menzerna 3800 you only need to use it once, also I find it really gets rid of quite a few lighter defects i.e. Swirls as it has a little cut. V38 just doesn't do that.
    The only way I found out what I liked was to try it.
    Just watch for any splatter drying on trim, hard to remove.
    Have you any trouble cleaning your Menzerna pads yet ? I could never get the smell out.
    That's why I stick to water based compounds/polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailTrail View Post
    OK first off: PBs BH is known for quality, a very good Glaze then you used Jet Seal as an LSP,
    which is not known for it's longevity at a top shelf price point.
    If you like JetSeal use it. While you look for better. PBs & BriteMax are half the price and last much longer. BlackFire 1 of the best but more $$

a) Most likely wear/wash off 2/3 weeks. I'd Glaze & Seal again after a wash.
    b) top up a glaze over that sealant (109) and only if you seal or wax it in.

V38 is water based, very light polish, lower quality. Easier to work with, clean-up wise. Starter grade.
    Menzerna not water based, Pro quality, Easy to work with but clean-up is not. Because of this I don't use it.

When I used them, it seemed like nothing was happening. V32 hardly cut just polished, plus alot of dust. Short working time. Vs36/38 same,
    Vs32/34 same, can't tell the diff.

The only way I found out what I liked was to try it.
    Just watch for any splatter drying on trim, hard to remove.
    Have you any trouble cleaning your Menzerna pads yet ? I could never get the smell out.
    That's why I stick to water based compounds/polish.

Find it harder to wash out of pads mind you poor boys black hole is insanely hard to get out lol.

Use fairy liquid which gets the smell out.

Menzerna is definitely dryer than Chem guys agree but find it is still easy to remove with panel wipe i.e. IPA etc

Guess it partially depends on what paint type you are detailing, for me I have a very hard yet very easy to scratch paint.

Also, what sealant do you think I should try, may go for a ceramic coat.

Would like longer lasting , they reckon 12 months for jet seal which I know it won't lol.

Although I do use ph neutral shampoo auto F, good stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Find it harder to wash out of pads mind you poor boys black hole is insanely hard to get out lol.

Use fairy liquid which gets the smell out.

Menzerna is definitely dryer than Chem guys agree but find it is still easy to remove with panel wipe i.e. IPA etc

Guess it partially depends on what paint type you are detailing, for me I have a very hard yet very easy to scratch paint.

Also, what sealant do you think I should try, may go for a ceramic coat.

Would like longer lasting , they reckon 12 months for jet seal which I know it won't lol.

Although I do use ph neutral shampoo auto F, good stuff

Fairy liquid ???
    For a sealant, right now I'm using PBs EX with carnuba good price too. Blackfire's Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, which
    is part of the Wet Ice over Fire combo when you top it with BF Midnight Sun wax, BF also has a glaze, paint cleanser... more $$ tho.

Now Coatings are something else, they could last years, if prepped properly.
    You could do your Glass, Paint, Wheels. If that's what you decide, start to research and another thread, Pro's will help
    Many coatings to choose from.
    Good Luck, keep a postin'

Post Thanks / Like

Washing up liquid basically , cleans pads quite easily.

Yes thinking PBS black wax possibly as a combo with black hole and a sealant or possibly bf midnight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast