autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what is the best finishing polish "hands down" in your opinion???

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    I actually use Essence with an orange pad to correct on softer paints. If I'm coating, I'll go over the paint again with a white pad but still Essence but mixed half half with distilled water. I also find m205 with a bit of distilled water mixed in works as well. I also like to prime my pads by dunking them in onr and squeezing it out until it's slightly damp. I'm gonna wipe down with eraser no matter what I'm putting on top but I find the onr just makes the process a lot easier, far less marring on the crazy soft paints.
    Very interesting. I'm going to give this a try as both of our cars are Japanese and the paint is extremely soft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UTdetailing View Post
    I've met a lot of people that like 3M. I may have to give it a try one day. Do you use with DA or Rotary?
    I use 3M Perfect-It 3000 Ultrafine as my go to jeweling polish. I know it is supposed to be for rotary machines, however, I talked to the 3M Rep and he said that the Flex 3401 (which I use) should be fine. Ever since then, I love the product. IMO it is the best or at least one of the best polish around. BTW, I use speed setting 5 with my Flex. The 3M rep suggested that is what should be used. So far so good!

So FUNX650 is right about the rotary, however, I have been very successful with the 3M Perfect It Ultrafine based on the 3M Reps advice. NO OFFENSE to you Bob!!!.....LOL

FYI
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    I use 3M Perfect-It 3000 Ultrafine as my go to jeweling polish. I know it is supposed to be for rotary machines, however, I talked to the 3M Rep and he said that the Flex 3401 (which I use) should be fine. Ever since then, I love the product. IMO it is the best or at least one of the best polish around. BTW, I use speed setting 5 with my Flex. The 3M rep suggested that is what should be used. So far so good!

So FUNX650 is right about the rotary, however, I have been very successful with the 3M Perfect It Ultrafine based on the 3M Reps advice. NO OFFENSE to you Bob!!!.....LOL

FYI
    Which pad? Or is is paint dependent? Just wondering if you generally us a pad with some cut or a finishing pad.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    Is Essence a glaze?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    Essence is:

An AIO
    An LSP
    A Glaze
    A Primer to a coating
    A Finishing Polish
    Perhaps some confusion because there are two Essence products: Essence Extreme Gloss Primer and Essence Plus.

Essence Extreme seems to be marketed as a pre-coating prep polish. Essence Plus is a non-abrasive swirl remover for coatings. This sounds like a glaze for coatings to my inexperienced brain.

Question I hope is not too off-topic: for those using Essence Extreme, are you coating right over it or are you using Eraser (or something else) first? The CarPro page seems ambiguous on this. They don't recommend it but say that haven't seen any issues with coating directly over Essence Extreme.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

No need for IPA or Eraser, Essence is the primer and foundation of the coating. Essence as mentioned above by me has various other functions, it should be in every detailers arsenal-very versatile.

Post Thanks / Like

Never tried Essence, but I like the idea, as it has durable fillers which will mask very faint haze which otherwise may be difficult to remove on some paints. I use HD SPEED to finish as well for this reason. Same idea, but the fillers are way less durable.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Essence because it has some correction and some filling will smooth out the paint but also fill in a lot that it can't level but it lasts you quite a long time. If you use essence as a primer for a coating, the fillers will last the life of the coating as it's "covered".

Essence plus is interesting.. I actually just use it the way most people use a topper wax. It adds crazy hydrophobics, and a simple hand application will add an extra layer of shine to a coated car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    Which pad? Or is is paint dependent? Just wondering if you generally us a pad with some cut or a finishing pad.
    I will use a Lake Country Gold Hybrid Pad or equivalent. IMO a Black or Red Pad should be fine too. I do not use any dedicated polishing pads like a LC white pad. There is no cut with the 3M Perfect - it 3000
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say there is no one set combo I do. It depends on the car itself. I only do the distilled water mix if it's a super soft paint other is I'll use a white or blue pad and work essence or m205 down on the paint until I get the results I'm looking for. If I have to with 205, I'll give a quick spritz of onr or distilled water and keep working it. That being said on a super soft Honda I've done black pad and one quarter 205 and three quarter onr to prevent marring.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, all the Wolfgang goodies are a very good place to start. Buy, and have them all, Uber, TSR, Finishing Glaze for normal tasks at hand.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast