autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what is the best finishing polish "hands down" in your opinion???

Conversely I've seen ACA520 rival 3D ONE in terms of overall cut. It's like "3D ONE Jr", but a little harder to wipe off.
    That made me laugh lol

You mentioned apex's video i remeber seeing it. Have you tried koch chemie micro cut?

And yeah perfect finish was my first ever polish maybe thats why usually i find everything else a pain to remove - except gyeon primer but that's a different product. Rupes DA fine is nice too but they mean it when they say you have to short cycle it lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    That made me laugh lol

You mentioned apex's video i remeber seeing it. Have you tried koch chemie micro cut?

And yeah perfect finish was my first ever polish maybe thats why usually i find everything else a pain to remove - except gyeon primer but that's a different product. Rupes DA fine is nice too but they mean it when they say you have to short cycle it lol.
    I had all of the Koch except the lighter cut Polish/Wax.

They all worked great, including the Micro Cut, but I already had the Menzerna 4000, Jescar Micro Polish, CarPro Reflect and Rupes Keramik. The Koch performed so much like those that I sold them. I also sold off the Jescar, Sonax, and CarPro.

The new rupes reminds me of M105/M205. When I attended an advanced sanding course with Rupes through PDP in Ohio in 2017, I was told that one of the head chemists from Meguiar's was going to come work for Rupes. So that could be where the connection comes from. I was pretty familiar with the short cycling of polishes. DA Fine reminds me a lot of M205. They both also do that thing where there is sometimes a bud up of residue that might form around the working area that's can ve challenging to remove.

I still need to experiment with that ACA520 to see if I can do something on my end to mitigate the excessive wiping. That if I even want to go through that process when 502 performs better for me all around than the 520.

If I was to bring a line back it might be the CarPro, but that because some of their coatings are starting to creep into my inventory.

3. Likes noorth liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I had all of the Koch except the lighter cut Polish/Wax.

They all worked great, including the Micro Cut, but I already had the Menzerna 4000, Jescar Micro Polish, CarPro Reflect and Rupes Keramik. The Koch performed so much like those that I sold them. I also sold off the Jescar, Sonax, and CarPro.

The new rupes reminds me of M105/M205. When I attended an advanced sanding course with Rupes through PDP in Ohio in 2017, I was told that one of the head chemists from Meguiar's was going to come work for Rupes. So that could be where the connection comes from. I was pretty familiar with the short cycling of polishes. DA Fine reminds me a lot of M205. They both also do that thing where there is sometimes a bud up of residue that might form around the working area that's can ve challenging to remove.

I still need to experiment with that ACA520 to see if I can do something on my end to mitigate the excessive wiping. That if I even want to go through that process when 502 performs better for me all around than the 520.

If I was to bring a line back it might be the CarPro, but that because some of their coatings are starting to creep into my inventory.
    Great insight. Thanks!

Have you ever used any of the labocosmetica stuff? I recently included their medium polish leale in my order, the main reason i ordered some of their stuff was the acidic car shampoo.

Post Thanks / Like

Great insight. Thanks!

Have you ever used any of the labocosmetica stuff? I recently included their medium polish leale in my order, the main reason i ordered some of their stuff was the acidic car shampoo.
    I have not. This is the first time I'm hearing about this.

There are a couple polishes I'd be interested in checking out. A couple that Matt Gibb seems to like (he was a polishing guy from Australia or New Zealand), and that CSI CeramX that Darren from Auto Fetish uses.

I'll see what it says about though.

6. Likes noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great insight. Thanks!

Have you ever used any of the labocosmetica stuff?
    The #SIDERO Iron Remover Gel is nice, long dwell without drying out quickly. Supposedly a little limescale reduction ability as well.

8. Likes noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if I mentioned it in this thread, but Mothers 3in1 ceramic polish is a great finishing polish for standard paint. It would compare to much more expensive polishes. It won't remove a lot of defects but it has a long working time.

From what I understand, some fine finishing polishes contain a fused type of abrasive that breaks down quickly to produce a smooth finish.

10. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

what is the best finishing polish "hands down" in your opinion???

I’m often torn between a finishing polish and one infused with silica…such as CarPro Essence. The concept of laying down some protection that a long-term coating will (supposedly) bond with, better than bare paint, is enticing.

Or I find myself using Xtreme Solutions LVR polishing glaze that has acrylic properties, and is also coating, sealant and wax friendly. But, isn’t necessarily considered a finishing polish.

#OptionParalysis what is the best finishing polish "hands down" in your opinion???

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Encinitas View Post
    I’m often torn between a finishing polish and one infused with silica…such as CarPro Essence. The concept of laying down some protection that a long-term coating will (supposedly) bond with, better that bare paint, is enticing.

Or I find myself using Xtreme Solutions LVR polishing glaze that has acrylic properties, and is also coating, sealant and wax friendly. But, isn’t necessarily considered a finishing polish.

#OptionParalysis what is the best finishing polish "hands down" in your opinion???
    Have you applied a coating over LVR?

13. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I have not. This is the first time I'm hearing about this.

There are a couple polishes I'd be interested in checking out. A couple that Matt Gibb seems to like (he was a polishing guy from Australia or New Zealand), and that CSI CeramX that Darren from Auto Fetish uses.

I'll see what it says about though.
    labocosmetica, is an Italian company like rupes.

I have experienced DA fine kinda gumming up on the work area the few times i pushed the working time. I don't think they delivered on the "increased working time". 3D one for instance can probably go 3x longer or maybe even more.

15. Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

labocosmetica, is an Italian company like rupes.

I have experienced DA fine kinda gumming up on the work area the few times i pushed the working time. I don't think they delivered on the "increased working time". 3D one for instance can probably go 3x longer or maybe even more.
    Not only longer work time, but gives an excellent finish.

17. Likes Craig Encinitas, chilly liked this post
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast