autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waterless Wash: Recommendations for garden/weed sprayer

Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    Why give your money to the big box stores that don't support detailers in any way? Just purchase this sprayer from Autogeek and add your waterless wash . I use Pinnacle Waterless and it dilutes 32:1 and works great. If you are washing lots of cars this winter you could purchase some ONR and another pump sprayer and rinseless wash the cars. Just add one ounce of ONR to two gallons of water and dip you spray bottle in the water and fill. This way you will have pre soak for the rinseless wash and you won't have to measure

Pinnacle Chemical Resistant Pressure Sprayer, pump sprayer, pressurized spray bottle
    Why waste money?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoususer View Post
    Why waste money?
    I don't feel the Pinnacle Pressure Sprayer is a waste of money. I purchased a Flo Master at Home depot for $8 and it lasted about 3 weeks and then it would not hold pressure anymore. I have used the Pinnacle sprayer with ONR and washed over a 1000 cars last summer and it is still working fine.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to suggest the 1000 ml Quazzer and IIRC they sell a pressurized sprayer as well, either way, these are simply the best sprayer you can buy!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleDetailing View Post
    Hey everyone,

This is my first season with using a waterless wash system to keep my cars clean during the winter months. I just ordered a bottle of McKee's Waterless Wash Concentrate and a blank 32oz spray bottle to dilute it in to apply it to the cars. My question is if anyone recommends specific brands or specific sprayers for garden/weed/pump sprayers? I thought about diluting my waterless wash to the recommended ratio in my blank 32oz bottle and using the pump sprayer to possibly spray the solution onto the cars. Or even diluting the product in a larger dilution tank and then transferring it into the pump sprayer. I thought this would save my hands from having to squeeze the sprayers so much in the long run since I try to keep 4 cars clean (1 is my own, 2 of them are my parents, 4th one is my girlfriend's car). This thought of using a pump sprayer during the winter came from seeing Larry (AMMO NYC) in one of his videos show the technique. Any help or tips about waterless wash systems is also appreciated. Thanks!
    wow four cars? i think its a lot of work just doing one. how many microfiber towels do you go through? how often do you wash each car?

Post Thanks / Like

For waterless I use a Solo hand pump sprayer. It has a lower volume; finer spray that gives better coverage without wasting product.
    For rinseless, I use a higher volume sprayer. I have a Tolco hand pump and a Kwazar hand pump - both are nice.

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive used Kwazar double pump sprayers, garden pressurized sprayers, etc. The best one I found on the recommendation from another detailer was the Kwazar Venus Super Compression. Yes, its expensive compared to Wal-Mart & Home Depot options, but I use mine daily and love it.

Kwazar Venus Super Compression Sprayer Pro
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vanev View Post
    I prefer the Harbor Freight 2 Gallon Pump Sprayer.

On a side note:
    There is a lot to know about rinseless and waterless wash methods.
    Rinseless and waterless wash products are fantastic, and a great compliment to the detail industry.
    While a great approach, not a magic bullet, and not always a time saver.
    You may find that both are much better suited for maintenance details, vs first time details of a vehicle.

Consider:
    - Amount of dirt on the vehicle.
    - What towels you choose.
    - Towel management.
    - Products and dilution ratios.
    - Removing dirt from cracks and crevices.
    - Wheels, tires, and wheel wells.
    - Auto glass.
    - Etc....

Look into the Garry Dean Method for rinseless and waterless wash.
    Thanks, I'll look into that method. I am slowly starting to learn more about waterless washing and if its worth doing depending on the different factors that come with each vehicle, including some of the things you listed to consider.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinasFinestDetailing View Post
    Ive used Kwazar double pump sprayers, garden pressurized sprayers, etc. The best one I found on the recommendation from another detailer was the Kwazar Venus Super Compression. Yes, its expensive compared to Wal-Mart & Home Depot options, but I use mine daily and love it.

This one I might have to try.
    I own(ed) a total of 4-6 of the Pinnacle pressure sprayers that AG sells and they are very poor quality (made by delta I believe) None of them lasted long at all. I should have read the reviews before buying them. Heck, my el cheapo Walmart ones lasted longer than the pinnacle ones.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    wow four cars? i think its a lot of work just doing one. how many microfiber towels do you go through? how often do you wash each car?
    Yes, four cars. My dad's and mine are usually the dirtiest since we drive longer distances for work daily. The other two cars don't travel distances that are as long as ours and usually sit. It is a lot of work but I am kind of addicted to it. During the summer when it was nice enough to do any detailing, I would try to keep the exteriors clean almost every week. Interiors were rarely dirty so I would really only clean them about once a month of so. With regards to how many microfiber towels I would go through, I would say at least 16 for the body for all four, about 8 for the wheels, 4 for the door jambs, and 4-6 for interior (glass, wipedown, etc.). Luckily I have been stocking on the 32-pack of yellow microfiber towels from Costco, but I had to learn that only I should be washing my towels myself since sometimes my paint towels were thrown together with my wheels/door jambs/all purpose towels and then I would have to get a new pack. Lets just say I have enough non-paint towels to fill two baskets. I've been researching into what towels other detailers use, where they get them, and what towels are worth buying when on sale to replenish my stock of paint towels.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinasFinestDetailing View Post

Thanks for the recommendation. I have been looking at the sprayers sold on AG, but after reading reviews posted on each individual sprayer and hearing what people say about them in this thread, I will for sure look into getting one of these Kwazar ones you recommended. I'm gonna wait for a sale to snatch one up and try it. I am sure people will have different experiences with the AG sprayers, but I've seen the Kwazar brand on other detailing website stores so I will assume it has better credibility.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast