autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which wax to try next ?

@Whitewater25. How do you apply HD Speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I use a red Lake Country CCS pad either by hand or machine. Easy on,easy off. I try to apply it monthly when time permits.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry,I was distracted when I made earlier post,I top the HD Speed With HD Poxy Nuba wax. Sorry for the mixup. Speed by machine & Poxy by hand or machine.

Post Thanks / Like

OP. I have Fusion and like it a lot. It seems to work well with all colors. I have 3 white cars, all different shades, and a silver car, and it looks good on all of them. I also like The Blackfire midnight wax. I put colonite 845 on my CLS and it looks good but it was not as easy to work with as Fusion. I had to put it on, leave it for 45 minutes, then wipe it off, and worry about the temperature. With fusion, its wipe on and wipe off. All three of the ones I discussed are great. Go for Fusion if you want easy application with great results and don't care about longevity. This one doesn't last long. Go with Collonite 845 if you want good results with longevity. Go with BF if you want both.

Oh yeah, lately i've been messing with Opti-Seal, which isn't a wax, but figured i'd mention it anyway. I use it on everything, leather, dash, windows, paint, trim.

And Zubair, coatings are great. Have you had a bad experience with them? You can have a coating to know you have that protection, and top it with your favorite wax if you want to. Is it necessary, probably not, but I do that just because I can sometimes. Is it necessary to wax your car every week like some "passionate detailers", probably not. My point is, everyone does things for different reasons. Some do it for therapy, some do it for the look, some do it cause they don't have a girlfriend, or maybe they don't like their wife. I don't think I'm a sheep following the herd because I coated some of my cars.

Edit - excuse the typo's - my pc keeps trying to auto correct.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Post Thanks / Like

From the Auto Finesse line, I have Desire, Spirit & Illusion. Illusion is my favorite because it's the easiest to work with. Spirit will yield a little better gloss/shine but is fussier to work with. Illusion OTOH is Bubba Proof. AG use to carry the line a while back which is where I bought mine.

Fusion is another great wax - easy to apply & remove and looks great on all colors. Wait for a -30% sale and try the small pot just to make sure you agree. The spray wax is also great as a topper.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, lately i've been messing with Opti-Seal, which isn't a wax, but figured i'd mention it anyway. I use it on everything, leather, dash, windows, paint,

Opti-seal works it's fast and easy to work with, plus as you mention everything else including wheels.

I would also add imo one is paying for a name and fancy package for a lot of waxes, 845 and FK 1000P are inexpensive and just work for the money.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.