autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which wax to try next ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Hey, some people have a life, like a family, which IMO is more important than spending countless hours in the garage. Good way to get a divorce and have children that think that their father's car is more important than they are. Now I'm not saying it's not good therapy, like golf is to some. If you have the time go for it.

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Though not sold here, Autogeek's sister site, Autopia carries Zymol Carbon. Zymol Carbon, and Meguiar's M26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax are the two I use most often.

Most times I reserve them for garage queen show cars, or personal vehicles over a sealant (M21 2.0, Ultimate Liquid Wax, or Duragloss 111).

Post Thanks / Like

Why wax when you can coat?
    Because the OP wanted to know "which wax to try next." I may have opened a can of worms by recommending a sealant and wax combo, but we should probably stick to a discussion of wax
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    And I could say why coat when waxes don't need toppers, constant maintenance, finicky application wrt to humidity, suede and mf cloths needing to be disposed off. Waxes offer better depth,wetness and protection from waterspotting etc. Waxes smell better and waxing is therapy.

Furthermore, some of us like playing with different finishing polishes, AIO's, different waxes etc. and coatings takes away from those joyous moments.

Lastly noone enjoys the benefits of coatings anyways as the looks and water behavior are of the toppers like Reload so just use Reload alone anyways as its still protecting the paint which was the whole point.
    Coatings are a massive time saver, which I have little of. As much as I enjoy detailing I would rather spend it driving when I have it. Every car I own is coated, maintenance is minimal, and if needed performed during the drying process as well. Washed properly, and using proper products with no other special care, the cars looks and perform as well as the day they were coated over a year ago. It has also greatly narrowed my product down to Reset, Ech20, and essence+. Saves me a great amount of time.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, some people have a life, like a family, which IMO is more important than spending countless hours in the garage. Good way to get a divorce and have children that think that their father's car is more important than they are. Now I'm not saying it's not good therapy, like golf is to some. If you have the time go for it.
    Point is if someone asks for a wax, give your input on a wax, if the topic was coatings, by all means suggest one. Most people don't care about coatings, respect that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    Point is if someone asks for a wax, give your input on a wax, if the topic was coatings, by all means suggest one. Most people don't care about coatings, respect that.
    When a normL person asks for a wax, I give them a sealant. When I sell them a "wax" job I really mean sealant.. I do this as a favor to them because they don't know any better.

There are exceptions to the rule, such as people who actually know a thing or 2 about car care, those people you can actually talk proper terms with and have them understand what's going on. The other exception is garage queen show cars, they get actual "wax" consideration. But daily drivers that live outside or even in the garage at night after driving all day? Nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Why wax when you can coat?
    Because my customer base would never ever pay that kind of $$$.
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

My go to is Collonite 845.
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm in the minority here. If I didn't have a reason to get out of the house, my wife would probably divorce me! I also see it as a good opportunity to teach my kids about pride in what they have, and taking care of what they have worked hard to obtain. Plus, the missus has made several comments about how good it feels to drive a car that's so clean people comment on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Dr Oldz Daily Nuba Thread

great thread and should help you make a decision

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.