autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Trim Question

Hi everyone, i dont know if this is the right place for the question; Sorry if im mistaken....

Ok, i recently adquire and use some of the Gyeon Trim, and only use about 1/3 of the bottle (not too many trim on the car, but i waste a lot on the front grill)... but now with 2/3, maybe a little less, how many time do i got to use the remaining product? a few week or few months, before something chemical happen and the product get unusable?

Thanks for your help!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Trim Question

I've been ok with it for about a month, keep it out of the sunlight and at room temperature.

Post Thanks / Like

I think these coatings last longer than expected when opened, but I doubt a manufacturer can say such a thing for purposes of warranty and perhaps legality. Not too long ago, I found a bottle of DLUX that I had opened, used about 1/2 of it and forgot about it for over 1 year. Recently used it to coat the "frunk" liner of my car, and it definitely deepened the look and did improve the overall beading -- not that this area frequently gets wet. In terms of how long it will last - I don't know. But it looks pretty good -- certainly as good as any conventional temporary trim dressing!

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Newbie Member HARDCORE DETAILING's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How should I care for the BOTTLE of trim after im done,The plastic piece that comes in the bottle and the dropper?They are both all crystalized.

Post Thanks / Like

I would wipe away -- carefully -- any crystallized deposits. Close off the bottle and keep it in the original zip-lock bag. I keep all my coatings in their original bags in doors out of any light -- artificial or natural. You can get a dropper at any basic supply store or recycle one from a children's tylenol bottle when you need to use it in the future.

I have to think, perhaps erroneously, that this is what has helped prolong the shelf life of my opened bottles.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Newbie Member HARDCORE DETAILING's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    I would wipe away -- carefully -- any crystallized deposits. Close off the bottle and keep it in the original zip-lock bag. I keep all my coatings in their original bags in doors out of any light -- artificial or natural. You can get a dropper at any basic supply store or recycle one from a children's tylenol bottle when you need to use it in the future.

I have to think, perhaps erroneously, that this is what has helped prolong the shelf life of my opened bottles.
    Ok I will all of which you said,Thanks for the heads up.

Post Thanks / Like

Almost all products cure by air contact.

Some are sensitive to light and heat (that's why black bottles).

So the way to store them is keep indoors, tape the lid shut ( not over tighten) and keep in dark cool place.

Myself I store in small cooler bags (labelled work great).

In 4 + years never had a problem.
    Crispy 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix DD, always clean (except today) Hobby Detailer

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I ordered some Trim the other day and it is supposed to be here tomorrow. I am going to be putting it on my brand new Civic's trim and will post pictures.

Is there a certain amount of time that I need to let it cure without driving my car?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HARDCORE DETAILING View Post
    How should I care for the BOTTLE of trim after im done,The plastic piece that comes in the bottle and the dropper?They are both all crystalized.
    For long term storage of any "liquid" products-- Whenever possible, I take off the lid/cover, place a small piece of a plastic bag over the opening, and screw the top back on. It's just a little extra protection against excess "ventilation".