autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Essence+Reload+C2V3

Today, and after a full month of not doing anything to my junker 2001 Kia Spectra, I was finally able to get around to giving the car a good dog bath and detail in and out.

I'm famous for trying some unorthodox methods, and products, just out of curiosity's sake sometimes, or to try some combos I never had before.

After a wash, out came a bottle of Carpro Essence, and I did not use a D/A!

I know most will be saying "Uggh. too much work", and it was a bit of work, but just didn't feel like dragging out D/A, Cords, Pads, Plates, the whole Rigamorole.

I of course initially figured I would of course not reap the full benefits of Essence, get the last ounce of Gloss that could be attained, nor perhaps even the filling qualities. But I went ahead anyway.

With a couple fresh MF Applicators, I figured it would work me a little bit, and I wasn't wrong. It worked me as about as hard as probably any other Paint Cleanser, or a Glaze like 3M Imperial Hand Glaze, and it was about similar to that. I used heavy arm pressure to apply, rubbing it in vigorously per panel, and wiped about 3 minutes later as directions suggest.

Removal wasn't exceptionally hard, and what I came away with was a pristine clean, and immaculate surface. Now I can see why this product is exceptionally good for prepping for a coating. I of course would've gotten better results with D/A, and/or possibly a Swirl Remover beforehand, but keep in mind, this isn't RonkH's immaculate and drop dead gorgeous Stingray, just not worth that much time and effort for a vehicle which is worth less than a Cub Rider Lawnmower.

So, now onto trying the Carpro Reload. I applied it full strength, like a detailer spray, and wiped with a plush MF Towel. Temps were about 54-56 degrees, and in shade when applying-removing.

Yep, still seeing the signature "Greasy Hollograms" of the older flawed Reload, but not as bad. Still they were there, and annoying. Came behind with yet another MF, and nope, not gone.

I then thought, "Let's whip out the GTechniq C2V3!" And initially thought I'd do a 50/50 for test purposes, and see how they both held up.

Sadly, and what I experienced prior with C2V3, it didn't work as planned this time, and even had some issues with it too.
    I was seeing little micro-spots of product left behind on the other 1/2 of car, and it was "working" me too. It caused me to go through multiple MF Towels in the end. While C2V3 seems more "watery" than Reload, it too was working me more than I thought it would, as I have used it before with much less issues.

I then decided to go over the Reloaded side, with the C2V3. In all I went through about 9 MF Towels to get satisfactory end results. Surely wasn't a simple wash, and come behind with a DG Aquawax, or Pinnacle Crystal Mist, that's for sure! (Ugghhh)

I figured I'd have to wipe, then rest 15-20 minutes, then wipe again, and again.

But when all was done, what I did note is a rock hard finish, like I CQuartzed the car. Very Scratch resistant I thought doing a fingernail test on the paint.

A little more work than I initially planned.

Conclusion about Reload, and also C2V3:

I won't say neither are bad products, but it still appears there can be issues using such. No, I did not try a dampened MF Towel to come behind Reload, and that might have helped. Still, one would wish such products would be easier.

I surely don't remember the Reload of old working me, or leaving even the slightest bit of oily smearing.

Here's a couple pics.

Essence+Reload+C2V3-dscn0697-jpgEssence+Reload+C2V3-dscn0699-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essence+Reload+C2V3

Try the rupes sealant spray protection.I go through so many products to try and the ones that don't cut it sadly to say I toss them into the garbage.This stuff produces a very wet looking shine even on white.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks pretty good to me! Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

I probably should have read some Reload tips that Corey has more recently posted on its use. And like I say, I perhaps should've came behind with a dampened MF Towel, or even tried Reload at a 1-1 dilution ratio and see how it then performed.

I'm surely not going to give up with such products, nor trash-can them.
    Today, I might come behind with a dampened MF to see what effects occur. Might be a good idea, as it might also help reduce any static cling of dusts.

I hadn't done anything with the door jambs yesterday, and might also treat them to some Ultima Paint Guard Plus. Love that product for such uses.

Basic goals yesterday were to get some good protection on board for upcoming winter weather conditions, and I've no doubt accomplished that.