autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What leather Cleaner & Conditioner do you use for Daily Driver and why?

Griots Garage Leather 3 in 1...easy to use, good results

Post Thanks / Like

Leatherique Restorations Rejunventor Oil, sprayed on liberally, in a hot car/hot day, followed by removal by Leatherique Restorations Pristine Clean about a day later. Works well, but method of application and removal is unconventional. It is necessary to use the oil first, and it works its way into the leather with heat. While it is working its way in, it is pushing contaminants out to the surface. Pristine Clean then removes the contaminants and the residues. Some of the Rejuvenating Oil stays in the leather. This is all directly from Leatherique Restorations themselves.

I have used it a few times. The oil, is actually some sort of oil, and feels like it is. It is thicker than water, by quite a ways. Let it sit in a hot car for about 24 hours. Surface of leather was sort of a very pale yellow. After I came back, 24 hours (approximately) later, It was almost brown. Used the Pristine Clean to clean it off. The driver's seat, which was sort of shiny/slick (sweat/skin oils, I would think( before I started this, was now a far more natural matte color and was softer to the touch. Car used on was a 2006 Monte Carlo SS with a medium grey leather interior.

Post Thanks / Like

Leather master.

Post Thanks / Like

Leather Masters here. Does a good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I also use Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant. And just use a damp microfiber to keep it clean. This is a very durable product.

I Love it!What leather Cleaner & Conditioner do you use for Daily Driver and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote here for leather masters.

Post Thanks / Like

Been using Optimum Leather Protectant since day one on my now 10 year old Passat Wagon's coated leather and interior vinyl. It still looks as good as when it was new.

Optimum Leather Protectant was designed from the ground up for coated leather and vinyl -- mildly cleans and adds a non greasey protectant and it's easy to use since the one product does both the leather and vinyl. I use it every couple of months then once a year give the leather a deeper cleaning with a mild APC solution.

Optimum Protectant Plus offers complete protection for interior leather, vinyl, plastic & rubber dressing. vinyl and rubber dressing, vinyl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkritsilas View Post
    Leatherique Restorations Rejunventor Oil, sprayed on liberally, in a hot car/hot day, followed by removal by Leatherique Restorations Pristine Clean about a day later. Works well, but method of application and removal is unconventional. It is necessary to use the oil first, and it works its way into the leather with heat. While it is working its way in, it is pushing contaminants out to the surface. Pristine Clean then removes the contaminants and the residues. Some of the Rejuvenating Oil stays in the leather. This is all directly from Leatherique Restorations themselves.

I have used it a few times. The oil, is actually some sort of oil, and feels like it is. It is thicker than water, by quite a ways. Let it sit in a hot car for about 24 hours. Surface of leather was sort of a very pale yellow. After I came back, 24 hours (approximately) later, It was almost brown. Used the Pristine Clean to clean it off. The driver's seat, which was sort of shiny/slick (sweat/skin oils, I would think( before I started this, was now a far more natural matte color and was softer to the touch. Car used on was a 2006 Monte Carlo SS with a medium grey leather interior.
    So this product can only be used during the summer or with a heater in the car?

Post Thanks / Like

What leather Cleaner & Conditioner do you use for Daily Driver and why?

I use Meguiars D181 Leather Cleaner about every 10 days to maintain the interior of my 97' Cadillac SLS.

After a quik vacuum using a soft horsehair brush attachment, I spray the D181 onto a clean quality terry hand towel and wipe all leather & vinyl surfaces clean. It really does a great job of pulling up a consistent amount of dirt everytime I use it. [there's no way using just a damp microfiber towel could compare to using this to maintain/clean the leather]

http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-d18...r-cleaner.html

Once I'm done cleaning with the D181, I wipe down all leather & vinyl surfaces, including the dashdoard with Meguiars D180 Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, using a large microfiber applictator. [some interiors prefer terry applicators] Leaves a nice sheen along with the best scent I've ever found from a leather conditioner [it doesn't smell like cheap fake leather, rather a clean fresh scent]

http://www.autogeek.net/d180-leather-cleaner.html

I like the final results from both using just the D181 and the D180, so sometimes I'll just use the cleaner and leave it at that, other times I'll follow it up with D180, just depends on how I feel like having it. Either ways I still pull up the same consistent amount of dirt every 10 days.

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

Mostly Duragloss Leather Shampoo but for those really, really nasty jobs I now reach for 3D LVP Cleaner because it is very strong. Duragloss Leather Shampoo is a more versatile cleaner, is pH neutral, and does not dry out leather. You don't need to dilute it which makes is great for personal cars. 3D LVP is a great option for volume detailing when overall cost is an issue. Just make sure you dilute this stuff properly!
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast