autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car wash times

Post Thanks / Like

Car wash times

Hey guys, just curious for a simple wash, spray wax and wash the wheels too, how long does it take you guys on average to complete? It's takes me about 45mins including getting the hose out and rinsing the buckets afterwards.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car wash times

A good carwash consist of cleaning the wheels and wells.presoak all rockers with apc then fully rinse first.Then start washing from top to bottom leaving bottoms last.I usually suds up the left side of the car then rinse and move on cutting the car in sections then rinsing.Dry then use a spraywax booster and dress tires and wheel wells.4 door car in black one hour and fifteen minutes or so.It can be done a whole lot quicker,but my washes look like details after.Not one speck or smear or water residual left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    A good carwash consist of cleaning the wheels and wells.presoak all rockers with apc then fully rinse first.Then start washing from top to bottom leaving bottoms last.I usually suds up the left side of the car then rinse and move on cutting the car in sections then rinsing.Dry then use a spraywax booster and dress tires and wheel wells.4 door car in black one hour and fifteen minutes or so.It can be done a whole lot quicker,but my washes look like details after.Not one speck or smear or water residual left behind.
    Good to hear I'm not taking too long or not doing a good enough job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AutoApollo View Post
    Hey guys, just curious for a simple wash, spray wax and wash the wheels too, how long does it take you guys on average to complete? It's takes me about 45mins including getting the hose out and rinsing the buckets afterwards.

For my personal car, to do the above, thats about what it takes me.

Post Thanks / Like

on my wifes Ford Edge i clean wheel wells , scrub tires, wheels (speed master wheel brush and various brushes for lug nuts and the faces), plastic trim around car with apc and medium scrub brush, wash car in sections , blow dry most water then come back with spray wax to get everything else left behind including door jambs, and finally dress wheel wells and tires and take about 2 to 2.5 hours. My method is pretty much an exterior detail like GSKR said but it looks better than anyones car in the neighborhood lol. They all said they are goin to start a petition (joking) for me making their cars look bad i simply told them they can have me take care of their cars for them if they wanna pay me. I am not the fastest but to me quality comes first if it takes 30 minutes longer so be it.

Post Thanks / Like

On my Ram, pre-soaking the wheels/wheelwells, washing w/2 bucket method, blow drying then finishing with drying towel, final polishing of chrome wheels, cleaning all glass, then treating the trim & tires takes me roughly 2 1/2-3 hours. (Depending on how many beer breaks I take)
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer rinseless, and like to take my time.

3hrs on average. Bumper to bumper, including interior wipedown.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta say it's a relief to see I'm not way off for time! I know it's more of a race to a final product than to a time on the clock, but I was worried I was going to be waay off.

Last 2 bucket/2 mitt wash on my avant and wife's Q5 was just over two hours- full wash including jams, wheels presoaked and boars hair brushed, and dried with Opti-seal. That was going about as fast as I possibly could, taking advantage of the fact that it was ~ 60 degrees out so I didn't have to keep reflooding panels so I wouldn't have to worry about hard water spots from the rinse water.
    Setup and tear down not included.

Post Thanks / Like

For the exterior I normally take for 2h to 2:30h. The job basically consists in:

- Cleaning wheel in detail with a brush, including the barrel and tire walls (this takes a lot of time due to the intricate design of my wheel)
    - Cleaning paint job section by section and rinsing each section
    - Drying with MF

Always two bucket wash method, and normally I have to change the water of the 2nd bucket 2 or 3 times each wash. My car is normally very dirty at each wash I do, so depending on the section I have to wash it twice to ensure it's really clean (may be useless, but at least brings me peace of mind).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast